The long commute back - a choice?

DonDaddyD
DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
edited April 2011 in Commuting chat
OK Greg got me thinking.

Your cycling from the Morpeth. Your route takes you along a poorly lit road and your surrounded by fields. You're in hi-viz, helemt and you've got lights. You stop at a red light. It goes green and you continue your journey.

Then a car zooms past and knocks you into the field. You go tumbling falling away from your bike you land on the ground. Four people who are mysteriously in the woods identify your bike because you have lights on and easily find you because of the hi-viz. You've also survived the fall, well your brain is intact, due to your wearing a helmet. The four people find you.

A Zombie, a werewolf, a Dr and a Vampire.

The Vamp is the alpha of the group because Vamps are cool. Your bike is ruined, helmet smashed, your limbs hurt and your hi-viz torn. It looks touch and go.

The Vamp offers some assistance.

Become a Vamp, a Werewolf, Zombie or have the Dr fix your body with the parts of other humans and strong electrical current turning you into essentially Frankenstien's monster.

What do you choose?
Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game

Comments

• Kieran_Burns
    Kieran_Burns Posts: 9,757
    I can't vote twice - so just call me Michael
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • gtvlusso
    gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
    Loving this line: "The Vamp offers some assistance."

I would only accept assisstance from Buffy....
  • R_T_A
    R_T_A Posts: 488
    Can't you get some hybrid Vamp/Werewolf action?

It worked well in Underworld, although I'm not sure blue is my best colour...
    Giant Escape R1
    FCN 8
    "Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life."
    - Terry Pratchett.
  • Aidy
    Aidy Posts: 2,015
    Werewolf over vampire, surely?

Being confined to nightriding for all eternity would suck a bit.
  • CyclingBantam
    CyclingBantam Posts: 1,299
    I'd be a Zombie 'cos Zombies are cool, innit.
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Aidy wrote:

You live forever and think of the plethora of hot Vamp chicks.
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    Aidy wrote:

Aren't werewolfs only out with the full moon though - that's a lot worse. You'd get used to the dark anyway. And a castle comes with being a vampire. No contest really. Unless you like McDonalds in which case being a zombie won't make much of a lifestyle difference......
    Faster than a tent.......
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,924
    A curse on you all and your "I'll start a silly thread because I'm off tomorrow and I'm on a wind down but it's too early to go to the pub yet" threads

To hell with the stinkin' lot of ye
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,924
    oh and the answer is Vampire
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • jimmypippa
    jimmypippa Posts: 1,712
    Rolf F wrote:
    Aidy wrote:

Aren't werewolfs only out with the full moon though - that's a lot worse. You'd get used to the dark anyway. And a castle comes with being a vampire. No contest really. Unless you like McDonalds in which case being a zombie won't make much of a lifestyle difference......

Werewolves are only wolves at the full moon, otherwise they are human.

They are only vulnerable to silver, as opposed to garlic, sunlight, beheading and stakes.

The helmet debate would be ended as a werewolf or vampire.

Zombiez would smell.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    jimmypippa wrote:
    Werewolves are only wolves at the full moon, otherwise they are human.

They are only vulnerable to silver, as opposed to garlic, sunlight, beheading and stakes.

The helmet debate would be ended as a werewolf or vampire.

Zombiez would smell.

Obviously I'd be crap at being any of these things. Werewolf is probably preferable then.

However, if about 75% of us have become Vampires, its pretty likely that the Werewolves are going to get bitten at somepoint. So presumably they'd become Werevampires. Then they'd be Vampires at night time except during the full moon when they'd become flying bat wolves which might be cool.
    Faster than a tent.......
  • Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Aidy wrote:

what type of vamp though a kickass Necroscope one or pathetic lovey one???
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • jonny_trousers
    jonny_trousers Posts: 3,588
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Aidy wrote:

They have no blood either, do they? You would therefore be unable to get it up and even if you could, imagine sliding into cold...
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    How much work do you actually get done during the working day? I'm unemployed FFS and you post more than me :P

GET BACK TO WORK :twisted:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    itboffin wrote:
    How much work do you actually get done during the working day? I'm unemployed FFS and you post more than me :P

GET BACK TO WORK :twisted:

Public sector middle management innit.
  • Initialised
    Initialised Posts: 3,047
    Zombie, but only if I can mutate into a Hunter and chew Zoe's face off.
    I used to just ride my bike to work but now I find myself going out looking for bigger and bigger hills.
  • Jay dubbleU
    Jay dubbleU Posts: 3,159
    Vampire undoubtedly - vampires have great dress sense and brides - I don't mean the stupid American teen version of vampires either - more in the tradition of Vlad the Impaler
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    become a wearwolf, my understanding is that your pretty normal until full moon, so at least you can be your self for a while plus, lets face it a lycan is waaaay cooler than a blood sucking leech or frankenstein
    Keeping it classy since '83