Reba SL User Manual ? - Any advice appreciated

c00lh4nd
c00lh4nd Posts: 18
edited April 2011 in MTB beginners
Hi All

Having had my Boardman Pro HT now for a few weeks and really enjoying the ride, I have decided to learn how to tune the Reba SL forks. I have bought the necessary pump and I have read the advice on the forum but would like to understand more about the fork, so off I toddle to SRAM.COM and ROCKSHOX.COM... Can I find a user manual for the Reba SL can I..... I can not find any reference to the Reba SL, For the Reba RL I can find the warranty, the service manual and even how to fit the forks, but nothing that tells me what does what on the Reba SL fork.. the user manual. :evil:

I have seen on the board a few posts on members getting the manual, please can anyone help guide me to the place or indeed send me a copy they have via Email.

Thanks for any advice :D

C00lh4nd
Ta Muchly

C00lh4nd

I thought of that while riding my bike.
Albert Einstein (On the Theory of Relativity.)

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    the reba manual is all you need.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • c00lh4nd
    Thanks for the prompt reply Nicklouse, but that is just it I do not seem to be able to find the Reba fork user manual on the website. There is a PDF that proports to be the User Manual but on openning both copies are for installation on to the frame.. grrr :D
    Ta Muchly

C00lh4nd

• c00lh4nd
    Supersonic.. You superhero you...

Many thanks for the link, how did you manage to find it. I have searched and searched thet SRAM and Rockshox website

Appreciated..
    Ta Muchly

C00lh4nd

• supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Yeah, the SRAM and RS page is pants (and out of date!). I am speaking to SRAM Europe head honcho this week, will tell him lol.

Worth noting the guide pressures are a bit high - aim for what ever positive pressure gives you the sag you desire. I'd go for 25% as a starter. Note your pressure down. Then inflate the negative to the same. Go for a ride. Add 10psi to the -ve for a smoother start, reduce by 10psi for a firmer start to the stroke.

Tune rebound and compression to taste. When fully locked out, you can set the force required for the valve to 'blow off' with the floodgate adjuster.

I have a Reba SL, so if you need any tips, just give me a shout.
  • bobs bikes
    bobs bikes Posts: 589
    hi guys, i could do with a bit of help aswell.
    i have a set of reba team dual air remote lockout a me bobs and no matter how i set it up, i keep nosediving and trying to go over the bars.
    i have set it up for my weight, which is 12 stone 7 and both chambers are set at 120 psi. rebound is on as fast as it will go.
    any more tips?
    how much pressure can the chambers take?
    thanks!
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    reduce the neg pressure.

see the topic in the FAQs.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • c00lh4nd
    supersonic wrote:
    Yeah, the SRAM and RS page is pants (and out of date!). I am speaking to SRAM Europe head honcho this week, will tell him lol.

Worth noting the guide pressures are a bit high - aim for what ever positive pressure gives you the sag you desire. I'd go for 25% as a starter. Note your pressure down. Then inflate the negative to the same. Go for a ride. Add 10psi to the -ve for a smoother start, reduce by 10psi for a firmer start to the stroke.

Tune rebound and compression to taste. When fully locked out, you can set the force required for the valve to 'blow off' with the floodgate adjuster.

I have a Reba SL, so if you need any tips, just give me a shout.

Supersonic..

Thank you for the offer of help, and the advice you have included above, being new to tuning forks it is sincerely appreciated.

Now I am back at home I am just about to go outside and experiment/learn to adjust the forks; having read the manual you found a number of times during the week. :-)

Many thanks... and peace be your trail...
    Ta Muchly

C00lh4nd

• diy
    diy Posts: 6,473
    bobs bikes wrote:
    hi guys, i could do with a bit of help aswell.
    i have a set of reba team dual air remote lockout a me bobs and no matter how i set it up, i keep nosediving and trying to go over the bars.
    i have set it up for my weight, which is 12 stone 7 and both chambers are set at 120 psi. rebound is on as fast as it will go.
    any more tips?
    how much pressure can the chambers take?
    thanks!

did you set the +ve and then the -ve? it makes a difference, but you can either up both chamber or do as nick says a reduce the -ve. If you have -ve too far below the +ve you kindof loose the progressive feel of the air spring. So I would up both before setting them too far apart.