Forum, blogging, and cycling beginner!

scoob49
scoob49 Posts: 28
edited April 2011 in Road beginners
Hi All,

I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hi!

I have been cycling from last April and did up until September (around 60 miles a week, 15 mile rides) and then fell away! I had a knee op in Feb/March and have in the last 10 days got out and started getting some miles under my belt!
I have started a blog at www.scoob49.blogspot.com which I hope to keep updated and get some fellow cyclists to follow and comment, give advice, that sort of thing!

The main thing is to lose a bit of weight, get focussed, and stay motivated! Any help would be great!

Thanks

Chris
Twitter account on @scoob49

Comments

• desweller
    desweller Posts: 5,175
    Welcome to the forum!
    - - - - - - - - - -
    On Strava.{/url}
  • scoob49
    Thanks DesWeller! Much appreciated!
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Choose routes which can be easily extended by a mile or two and you will soon find the distance increasing.

Welcome and good luck.
  • navrig
    navrig Posts: 1,352
    Choose routes which can be easily extended by a mile or two and you will soon find the distance increasing.

Welcome and good luck.
  • scoob49
    Just wanted to comment on the forum.I have learnt more in a couple of days than I have from any magazines.topics are useful and really informative.
    Thanks
  • mattshrops
    mattshrops Posts: 1,134
    i would recommend joining a club local to you (look on british cycling website) great motivation riding with others, also good fun.
    Death or Glory- Just another Story