Pro Stealth EVO Carbon Handlebar/Stem Combo

ianeverton
ianeverton Posts: 231
edited April 2011 in Road buying advice
Anybody running with the above at the moment, if so could I have some opinions please ???

Pro Stealth EVO Carbon Handlebar/Stem Combo

Thanks,
Ian

Comments

• spanielsson
    spanielsson Posts: 776
    I have a set on my Colnago CX-1. Super stiff, the steering with them is great the flat bar tops are really comfortable for climbing. The internal cable routing is problem free too.

The only thing to bear in mind is it's not a weight weenie combo. For the feeling they give on the road I'm happy to sacrifice the weight!
  • LangerDan
    LangerDan Posts: 6,132
    What Spanielsson said, but a) the drop is quite shallow compared to other bars and b) as with any bar/stem combo, make sure you are happy with the reach, width and bar angle. There is no cheap and/or easy fix to any of them if they're wrong.

Other than that I've been using them for a couple of years with no problems
    'This week I 'ave been mostly been climbing like Basso - Shirley Basso.'
  • rjsmith
    rjsmith Posts: 1,924
    I liked them a lot but again worried that one crash would wipe out a lot of money. Felt good and comfortable.
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Awesome.................superb feel.

Was running cinelli carbon bars and my set up now feels tighter......shallower drop so I spend far more time on teh drops.....even for climbing and around teh hoods is comfier as its more compact.

VERY stiff but comfy too.

GET THEM! :D
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • Coyote
    Coyote Posts: 212
    Got mine just before a week in the Alps last summer. Love them! If you can afford them then get them!

I have the white ones on my white bike and they look the mutts nuts....so good that I had to get the matching seat post....and no, I couldn't notice a difference, all about the look I'm afraid! :oops:
  • Brommers76
    Brommers76 Posts: 234
    Same here, stiff and comfortable.