What is the different between RS10 & RS20 wheel set?

iguanafai
iguanafai Posts: 28
edited April 2011 in Road buying advice
What is the different between RS10 & RS20 wheel set?
is it stiff and smooth enough?

Comments

• FransJacques
    FransJacques Posts: 2,148
    Try a search. This one's been done many times.
    When a cyclist has a disagreement with a car; it's not who's right, it's who's left.
  • bendertherobot
    bendertherobot Posts: 11,684
    Try a search. This one's been done many times.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/search.php?mode=results
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    Thirty quid??
  • tonye_n
    tonye_n Posts: 832
    Double butted spokes on the rs20. Hence it is slightly (negligibly) lighter.
    I think the 'polished hub shell' also results in a smoother riding hub.....
    That's non-scientific but I rode on the rs20 for 6 months until I sold the bike. Very smooth rolling. I tested the rs10 for about 6 hrs and the ride seemed very agricultural to me. Rolled OK...but not as silky smooth as rs20 or ultegra 6600 in my experience.
  • iguanafai
    tonye_n wrote:
    That's non-scientific but I rode on the rs20 for 6 months until I sold the bike. Very smooth rolling. I tested the rs10 for about 6 hrs and the ride seemed very agricultural to me. Rolled OK...but not as silky smooth as rs20 or ultegra 6600 in my experience.

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY
    and I also want to ask you....does the RS20 as same as ultegra 6600 level or smooth?
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Ultegra > RS20. I have thought about changing the RS20's on my Mrs Felt for the Ultegras, as you cna get some very good deals on them.

The RS20's do roll very well tohugh, just a tad heavy @1850g Ultegra = 1665g
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    P.S, these look interesting for little more than the RS20's

http://www.merlincycles.co.uk/Bike+Shop ... _RS30W.htm
  • PK1
    PK1 Posts: 193
    I've got Ultegra 6700 and RS20 and RS10. I would say the RS20 is the best value, lighter than the RS10 and half the price of 6700. Also I really can't tell the difference when out on the road.
  • iguanafai
    Ultegra > RS20. I have thought about changing the RS20's on my Mrs Felt for the Ultegras, as you cna get some very good deals on them.

The RS20's do roll very well tohugh, just a tad heavy @1850g Ultegra = 1665g

does the wheel set different 200g is very significant for the speed?
  • iguanafai
    PK1 wrote:
    I've got Ultegra 6700 and RS20 and RS10. I would say the RS20 is the best value, lighter than the RS10 and half the price of 6700. Also I really can't tell the difference when out on the road.

how about the weight of RS10?
    RS20 I just know around 1850gram
  • Marko1962
    Marko1962 Posts: 320
    iguanafai wrote:
    tonye_n wrote:

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY
    and I also want to ask you....does the RS20 as same as ultegra 6600 level or smooth?

I read somewhere that the RS20's are at 105 level
  • iguanafai
    Marko1962 wrote:
    iguanafai wrote:
    tonye_n wrote:

THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY

I read somewhere that the RS20's are at 105 level

does the 24mm of RS20 rim height is well to perform the aero function compare with original wheel set?
    thank you