could be a fun watch.

nicklouse
nicklouse Posts: 50,675
edited March 2011 in The Crudcatcher
"Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
Parktools :?:SheldonBrown

Comments

• mak3m
    mak3m Posts: 1,394
    that looks mint
  • DIESELDOG
    DIESELDOG Posts: 2,087
    Got to say, I love the TT, but no, I won't be watching,

Love n hugs

DD
    Eagles may soar but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines.

www.onemanandhisbike.co.uk
  • Raymondavalon
    Raymondavalon Posts: 5,346
    Some amazing camera shots in the trailer, the film should be ace
  • It is supposed to be pretty good.

No substitute for the real deal though :D
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    ooooh!
  • phz
    phz Posts: 478
    I don't mind it, but I'm not into it.

slainte :lol: rob
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Ah, is this the bit where road racing finally gets succesful because a serial non-winner has sideburns and a personality? Don't get me wrong like, Guy Martin's as cool as **** but the TT's got about a million times more to offer than that. And the Irish racing's got more still. Nothing like a full grid on a road circuit...
    Uncompromising extremist
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Another month at least before we can see it

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1698010/fullcredits#cast
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Anonymous
    Whilst I agree to an extent with your cynicism, all that's really happening is that some producer has chosen an interesting character who people, generally, like, to follow his trials and tribulations, in an effort to make interesting viewing. And there's nothing inherently wrong with that.
    Its not like they've taken an outsider with little experience and lacking in skill to try and glorify a sport, whilst simultaneously detracting attention from some truly great competitors, a la monster and Ken Block :wink:
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, I've no problem at all with the program- it'll be a good view I'm sure, you can just chat to him in the pits and it's entertaining. I'll watch it for sure... It's more the, er, how to put it nicely? Fanboyism, from people who've never actually seen a race. Hutchy wiped the floor with him last year but no bugger's heard of him.

(not talking to anybody in particular here ;) )
    Uncompromising extremist
  • mak3m
    lol couldnt care less about the geeze with the chops tbh, trailer looked awesome the rear cam footage of the crash scenes with billowing black smoke really brought home the danger of the course, looked like apocolypse now at points
  • sheepsteeth
    sheepsteeth Posts: 17,418
    never heard of him, is that because he has never won a race?
  • WisePranker
    WisePranker Posts: 823
    Looks like it should be a decent film.

I wouldn't mind seeing it on the big screen in 3D 8)
  • IcarusGreen
    IcarusGreen Posts: 1,486
    He's an absolute LegEnd
    + 1001 posts reset by the cruel cruel moderators!

Giant Trance X4 (2010)
    Giant SCR 02 (2006)
  • mak3m
    never heard of him, is that because he has never won a race?

he built a boat or something and tests mtb for the gadget show?????
  • WisePranker
    WisePranker Posts: 823
    Looks like it should be a decent film.

Just looked into it and found that Vue cinemas are showing a preview screening in 3D on 20th April :D:D
    Time to book some tickets, me thinks!
  • Northwind wrote:
    Oh no, don't get me wrong, I've no problem at all with the program- it'll be a good view I'm sure, you can just chat to him in the pits and it's entertaining. I'll watch it for sure... It's more the, er, how to put it nicely? Fanboyism, from people who've never actually seen a race. Hutchy wiped the floor with him last year but no bugger's heard of him.

(not talking to anybody in particular here ;) )

To be fair northwind the film is not all about Guy Martin. It's about the races in general last year, including Hutchs 5 wins, the retun of the Dunlop name to the TT, Connor and his crash etc.
    I think they just use Guy Martin in a lot of the publicity because he's one of those people that's interesting to watch.
  • Looks like it should be a decent film.

Just looked into it and found that Vue cinemas are showing a preview screening in 3D on 20th April :D:D
    Time to book some tickets, me thinks!

They are showing the first official screening here on the 18th.

However, it's invite only (I'm not invited :cry: ). But wait, it gets better!

They are running it as invite only screenings right through until early May at the EARLIST. So here on the Isle of Man, we mortals won't get to see it until AFTER everyone else.
    Cheers IOM Govt, good job!
  • Anonymous
    There's not that many people on the IOM, surely if it's invite only screenings until the end of May, then everybody in the island is invited except you?
  • :cry:

FINE! Didn't want to watch it anyway!

Screw you guys, I'm goin' home!