Alternative to leg warmers...?

carl_p
carl_p Posts: 989
edited March 2011 in Road buying advice
I hate them. Don't think I've got the right proportioned legs - i.e too short and I've got chunky thighs. I find I have to pull them up fairly high whereby they then cut into my thighes and really quite uncomfortable.

Is there a suitable alternative for chilly spring rides. I do have fleece lined bib tights which are unpadded that I wear over top my shorts in winter, but I'll melt with them on now it's warmed up a bit.

Cheers.
Specialized Venge S Works
Cannondale Synapse
Enigma Etape
Genesis Flyer Single Speed

Turn the corner, rub my eyes and hope the world will last...

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Different makes have different cuts - try a few pairs of try wearing them over your shorts
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • bigpikle
    bigpikle Posts: 1,690
    bibknickers - 3/4s - are great. The Shutt ones in lycra are warmer than a thin lycra but not as warm as their roubaix ones.
    Your Past is Not Your Potential...
  • clx1
    clx1 Posts: 200
    I have the same problem but have recently found the perfect solution albeit an expensive one.

Assos T.607 FI.Mille S5 Bib Shorts with Assos Knee Warmers.

The best combination I have ever used for cool weather and worth the not inconsiderable cost.
  • clx1
    clx1 Posts: 200
    I have the same problem but have recently found the perfect solution albeit an expensive one.

Assos T.607 FI.Mille S5 Bib Shorts with Assos Knee Warmers.

The best combination I have ever used for cool weather and worth the not inconsiderable cost.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Just fold the excess material at the top over, first fold to adjust for length then tuck the grip under again so it holds in place...