my boardman pro carbon rough idea on value

fozzy17
fozzy17 Posts: 339
edited March 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi
guys and girls a little advice, around 10 months ago i bought a boardman pro and straight away fitted sram red compact crank (due to me living in a very hilly wales) ive been out in it twice before i had a serious motorcycle crash, to which i bust my knees up (require op) had my jaw plated and wrecked my neck plus some plastic surgery on my wrist and a few tendons pinned, im back riding but (mountain bike) but think i may stuggle on the road bike, so im thinking i may sell it, its mint and as new no marks, probs done no more than 60 miles, cranks are mint aswell, any idea on a realistic price, last going off the boradman pro was £1700 plus this has the advantage of a sram red compact carbon crank...i understand there is a new aero model due out

failing that anybody recommend a frame thats would suit me, as i would be willing to strip it and sell the frame and swap the bits over.

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    These were being sold off at £1279 in last few weeks i believe, but yours has a better crankset and a lot of people will prefer the Sram gear on it to the Shimano on the new ones too. I would have thought some people who were kicking themselves for not buying at £1279 (i think it was) might be bombarding you with offers (both crap and good) if yours is as new as you say.

If you take the red cranks back off, sell them separately for a couple of hundred, then the original bike should get £1200ish still?? or just sell it with the cranks for about £1350?
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    should get £1200 i would have thought.
  • fozzy17
    fozzy17 Posts: 339
    mfin wrote:
    These were being sold off at £1279 in last few weeks i believe, but yours has a better crankset and a lot of people will prefer the Sram gear on it to the Shimano on the new ones too. I would have thought some people who were kicking themselves for not buying at £1279 (i think it was) might be bombarding you with offers (both crap and good) if yours is as new as you say.

If you take the red cranks back off, sell them separately for a couple of hundred, then the original bike should get £1200ish still?? or just sell it with the cranks for about £1350?

Yep saw them advertised but a friend of mine who is a manager in halfrauds said it was very limited stock and only small and mediums unless you were very lucky..

thanks for your imput , i had a ball park figure of £1400 but i guess £1300 is realistic, trouble is you dont see many pro carbons forsale even on fleabay..

as for condition there isnt a mark on it i believe will need a good look around it though :P if it was in halfrauds you wouldnt know it was used.