3T Biomorphe Bars

Velonutter
Velonutter Posts: 2,437
edited March 2011 in Road buying advice
I bought a pair of these last year and they have proved to be the most comfortable bars I have ever ridden.

I now need to get another pair and I'll be blowed if I can find any, not too worried if they are 26mm or 31.8mm, I need the 44/46cm width.

Has anyone got any idea where I can get some more, been looking for ages?

Thanks for any help.

1055.jpg

Comments

• TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    They aren't on the 3T web site - have they been discontinued?
  • trailstar
    trailstar Posts: 114
    i havent seen those bars in a long time!

However Cinelli make a bar thats very similar, gets very good reviews too. You could probably find the cheaper than the wiggle link below

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/cinelli-neo-mor ... handlebar/
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    They aren't on the 3T web site - have they been discontinued?

They are "Old 3T", "The New 3T" are pretty much a totally different company.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • dboden
    dboden Posts: 349
    Velonutter wrote:
    I bought a pair of these last year and they have proved to be the most comfortable bars I have ever ridden.

I now need to get another pair and I'll be blowed if I can find any, not too worried if they are 26mm or 31.8mm, I need the 44/46cm width.

Has anyone got any idea where I can get some more, been looking for ages?

Thanks for any help.

1055.jpg

+1.. I will be interested in your outcome, as I am in the same position, my winter hack feels naff compared to my good bike, with these bars on.
  • TMR
    TMR Posts: 3,986
    Do read the comments about those Cinelli bars and issues with the bar tape though.
  • Velonutter
    Cheers Lads, I'll do some looking around for these as they are exactly what I am looking for, little shocked at the price as I got my Biomorphes for I think £35 but they were only Carbon wrapped.

These bars are just soooo comfortable, I use them on my trainer and have done a couple 1000 miles on them without any aches, pains etc.

As for wrapping, yep they are a pain especially as I use Fizik Microtex tape, the trick is to stretch and then stretch some more and take your time.
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Velonutter wrote:
    Cheers Lads, I'll do some looking around for these as they are exactly what I am looking for, little shocked at the price as I got my Biomorphes for I think £35 but they were only Carbon wrapped.

These bars are just soooo comfortable, I use them on my trainer and have done a couple 1000 miles on them without any aches, pains etc.

As for wrapping, yep they are a pain especially as I use Fizik Microtex tape, the trick is to stretch and then stretch some more and take your time.

Are still on about tape here, or just giving us insight into the private life of old people :lol:
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    the cinelli neo-morphe are the exact same bar - or at least, the exact same design

I have a set on my roubaix - but upgraded bit I have ever bought - great handlebars!
  • Velonutter
    Velonutter wrote:
    ......... is to stretch and then stretch some more and take your time.

Are still on about tape here, or just giving us insight into the private life of old people :lol:

Ignore Mr Squill lads, he's just jealous of our distinguished looks 8) :shock: :lol:

Where you been Boy...making too much money again :roll: :lol:
  • Velonutter
    gkerr4 wrote:
    the cinelli neo-morphe are the exact same bar - or at least, the exact same design

I have a set on my roubaix - but upgraded bit I have ever bought - great handlebars!

Now where was I after being rudely interrupted by Mr Squill?

Ah yes...When I bought the Bio Morphe it wasn't available in the 31.8 only the 26mm and the 3T bars are Carbon wrapped whereas the Cinelli are Carbon all the way through.
  • gkerr4
    gkerr4 Posts: 3,408
    ah yes - quite a major difference....

they are the same design though - just about 6x the price!

ah well - looks like you'll have to find some new 'favourite' bars!
  • redddraggon
    redddraggon Posts: 10,862
    Are they are carbon?

Didn't think mine were?

TBH I've got some and while they are quite nice, but I much prefer traditional round or compact drops.
    I like bikes...

Twitter
    Flickr
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    I have a set of the 3T available, but only in 42cm...
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • Velonutter
    Cheers Hopper, but I need 44/46cm as I have wide shoulders.
  • markshaw77
    markshaw77 Posts: 437
    Hopper - I'd be interested in the 42's - can you drop me a PM with some photos/price
  • Squillinossett
    Squillinossett Posts: 1,678
    Velonutter wrote:
    Velonutter wrote:
    ......... is to stretch and then stretch some more and take your time.

Ignore Mr Squill lads, he's just jealous of our distinguished looks 8) :shock: :lol:

Where you been Boy...making too much money again :roll: :lol:

Yea, its a hard life (it really is!)

I'll try to give you a call at some point this weekend, pm me your home number as I lost it....
  • rozzer32
    rozzer32 Posts: 3,830
    Velonutter

There is a pair for sale in the classifieds section
    ***** Pro Tour Pundit Champion 2020, 2018, 2017 & 2011 *****
  • Velonutter
    Thanks Lads, I saw it, but I bought mine last year for £33, and to be truthful I am loathe to pay £80 for the same bars.
  • mallorcajeff
    mallorcajeff Posts: 1,489
    the cost of evrything in this worl dhas gone bloody mad in my opinion. some of the parts prices now are just crazy at times my bikes costs me more than my car on a regular basis. god knows how that was ever allowed to happen but how something that is essentialy a cheap mode of transport (free) can be so expensive is beyond me. offer 60 quid and enjoy them?