Decent LBS in Ipswich?

1_reaper
1_reaper Posts: 322
edited March 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi all. A mate of mine who lives in Ipswich is just getting into biking and is looking for a road bike for around £500 to a £1000. Anyone recommend a decent LBS in that area that will give good advice and service?

Comments

• RDB66
    RDB66 Posts: 492
    Hi Reaper, i live not to far from Ipswich and use Elmy Cycles at 86-88 St Helens St.

Tell him to go and see Steve (the owner). Really nice bloke and knows what he's on about. Great shop with some great bikes. Website is very good too.

Hope this helps mate.

Dicky.
    A Brother of the Wheel. http://www.boxfordbikeclub.co.uk

09 Canyon Ultimate CF for the Road.
    2011 Carbon Spesh Stumpy FSR.
  • d87heaven
    d87heaven Posts: 348
    Elmy cycles are good but I have heard good reports about one that is just outside ipswich at Bildeston called LifecycleUK.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • 1_reaper
    1_reaper Posts: 322
    Thanks chaps. Shall pass the info on :D
  • Gav888
    Gav888 Posts: 946
    taz3611 wrote:
    +1 for Elmy

+10 for Lifecycle

Agree with that, also Revolutions nr the hospital is good.
    Cycling never gets any easier, you just go faster - Greg LeMond
  • d87heaven
    d87heaven Posts: 348
    Had soso dealings with Revolutions. But the foreign guy there is very helpful.
    Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals! Except the weasel
  • orbeaorca
    orbeaorca Posts: 246
    Got to be LifeCycle in Bildeston.

Have bought two bikes from Cycle Revolution and used Elmys as well in the past but once I visited LifeCycle its been my choice.
  • Hi 1_reaper,

Thanks for enquiring into Bike shops in Ipswich.

I'm Steve, the Owner here at Elmy Cycles & if I can be of service in anyway I'd be more than happy to help. We have plenty of bikes at the £1000 mark and some great full Carbon Models for around the £1200 mark.

We also have a whole Bunch of Ex team & Pro Team Bikes available soon at some good prices.

Feel free to drop me an email directly at the shop at Steve@elmycycles of give me a call and I will do what I can to help. If you mention Bike Radar you may even get a little extra discount :-)

Kind Regards,

Steve Grimwood.
  • ps,

Orbea Orca, great bike - do you live in Ipswich by any chance ? I think You may live in my road, feel fee to tag on for a ride sometime.
  • Gav888
    Gav888 Posts: 946
    ps,

Orbea Orca, great bike - do you live in Ipswich by any chance ? I think You may live in my road, feel fee to tag on for a ride sometime.

Everyone loves your bike Si - ya pimp :D
    Cycling never gets any easier, you just go faster - Greg LeMond
  • orbeaorca
    ps,

Hi Steve, I have sent you a private message.
  • orbeaorca
    Gav888 wrote:
    ps,

Everyone loves your bike Si - ya pimp :D

And the black and white color scheme goes with my ever increasing collection of Rapha , got addicted to the stuff :D