Fantasy Cycling 2011 - on road.cc

13»

Comments

• bilirubin
    bilirubin Posts: 225
    Results after stage 7 ( Liège - Bastogne - Liège )

1 no use for a name kamatt22 345
    = Wheeling n Dealing archieboy 345
    3 shutuplegs trailstar 301
    4 Shincliffe Clarion Shincliffe Grimpeur 285
    5 Electric Plight Orchestra Jamie F 274
    = Silence Kirby Please Sanderville 274
    7 TeamPolocini Polocini 263
    8 Last Up First Off CC Stefan 262
    9 Gasworks msw 259
    10 chapeaux cingles3454 256
    11 Force & Form Neil McC 253
    12 Writtle Wheelers alanjay16 242
    13 We're not very good Hammerite 241
    14 Educating Ricco dave_atkinson 230
    15 Leo Team Giant Fast Caterham 228
    16 The Crusties slimbo 225
    = Team Fungus Pro Cycling fungus the muffin man 225
    = Team Shrapnel shraap 225
    19 Team Wheelsucker thegibdog 222
    20 Sausage In Cider CC MrJim007 221
    21 Patchy CC patchy 218
    22 Team Blueleaf | Bicycle Smithy Dane 216
    23 Snook Cycling durhamwasp 213
    24 Kentdowner velosport kentdowner 209
    25 Pedaling squares staffo 206
    26 Bring Back Jan rich_semple 196
    27 PrestwichRoadRash Raymosley 192
    28 rollscanardly pot belge 189
    29 Dans Devils Mufti Dan 186
    30 scouseMouse viveLaPants 180
    31 Yorkshire Pudding CC gregster04 172
    32 Ribble Valley CRC MJB 169
    33 Jimmys Cuckoos jimmythecuckoo 165
    34 Big Ring! jackcreasey 160
    35 GrannyGear CC Benjamin Hall 153
    36 Alberto's Butcher bilirubin 145
    37 Antlaff antlaff 140
    38 GAN nowhere Fran Manancourt 128
    39 poweredbynoone wallonie11 123
    40 Elefantino CC jonnyemmett@yahoo.co.uk 109
    41 Barefoot Engineering sjacob33 107
    42 Awesome Power CC hancocklovesyou 98
    43 Alpuerto Clenbutador stereojet 90
    44 stoneys stoney1972 87
    45 Coxhoe Rouleur's andysnook 85
    46 Bantam Thorper Cycling Bantam 58
    47 terrynutkinsvelo timcornell 56
    48 Dulwich Paragonites Mrjamaldi 53
    49 Les Grimpeurs pricey_ 52
    50 MAMIL riggsy 48
    51 Snuffle bazbadger 39
  • bilirubin
    bilirubin Posts: 225
    Out of interest are there any other "purists" on here, by that I mean anyone who has not made a transfer in his team since the season started.

I am, and to my surprise I am sitting joint 23rd out of 1073 teams in the "purists" league.

That's real cycling team management not glory hunting :D:D:D
  • MrJim007
    MrJim007 Posts: 64
    Woo Hoo!!!
    Whopper of a stage for me in the Giro today. First time through the 100 point barrier for a stage, god bless Le Mevel!!!
  • trailstar
    trailstar Posts: 114
    belter.. i had a good early season with the classics but my giros are averaging 40-50.

Now its the GC boys time to play i should fair better.. scarponi, nibali and lovkvist :-)
  • x8swift9x
    x8swift9x Posts: 268
    I'm in - how do we see the league standing? How are you all fairing on the overall league - I'm 131/3151 in the Giro.
    Road: Felt AR0, Di2
    Touring/commute: Dolan Multricross
    TT: PX Exocet Sold because it was like a sail in the wind (sh*t)
  • MrJim007
    MrJim007 Posts: 64
    Im normally hopeless at these fantasy league things so i am a little surprised to see myself in 27th overall for the Giro and 64th overall for the world tour season!! :o
  • gattocattivo
    gattocattivo Posts: 500
    So, logic says I should sell Nibali and buy Contador. I'm slightly uncomfortable with this on 'moral' grounds (though this hasn't stopped me ditching Cavendish and signing Petacchi), but more importantly I'm worried that he'll get disqualified and I'll lose any points he gets me.
  • Sudor
    Sudor Posts: 33
    Me too ! Sudor
  • gattocattivo
    I'm hoping I haven't broken the rules. When I looked at my scores last night, I noticed that Petacchi was greyed out (as presumably he's now quit the Giro, along with most other sprinters). I made my two transfers, but didn't bother to sell Pettacchi because all that would achieve would be to swap a sprinter who definitely won't score any points today (as he's not in the race) for a cheaper one who almost certainly won't score any points today (as he'll be in the broom wagon).

I'm sure people have complained about not scoring points when they didn't have a full team, but I scored points yesterday so I guess it's OK to have greyed out riders in your team. Logically, I suppose it must be OK, because in theory you could have seven of your team retire from the race on the same day (if they all missed the time cut or got taken down in the same crash) but would only be able to replace two of them due to the transfer restriction.
  • gattocattivo
    It was OK ^

Up to third in the Giro and second in the World Series (in the Bike Radar league, not overall).
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    Greyed out riders are fine, you have to have a full team regardless of whether a rider is in the race of not. I think in the early stages there wasn't one GC contender in the classic races, but you still had to choose one.

I think most went for Cyrille Dessel as he didn't cost much, so you could use the rest of the points on more expensive riders.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    the only reason I could see for picking a non greyed out rider was that you got points for him if a member of his team won the stage. Its the only reason I've kept one of berties low ranking doms. But now matt wilson is probably going to worth 10points a stage till the race ends, whos counting.

Theres only one sprinter now I think.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • Cleat Eastwood
    Cleat Eastwood Posts: 7,508
    Well that all went tits up. I had cunego, van gaderen, and even the name of the driver of the car that pulled out by the cafe....then they reset the server...now I have nothing, nothing I tells ya.
    The dissenter is every human being at those moments of his life when he resigns
    momentarily from the herd and thinks for himself.
  • gattocattivo
    Yep, it's all gone up the creek the last couple of days. First of all they accidentally let us completely change our teams, so I took full advantage of this and would have scored a gazillion points today. Meanwhile the sites just been crashing over and over and over. Now they've neutralized it and gone back in time.
  • gattocattivo
    It's still crashing all the time now. It took me about an hour to change my team this morning and it was all for nothing in the end. I don't know if it's even worth bothering to try again tonight.
  • trailstar
    trailstar Posts: 114
    all back up and running. However i would have had a belter of a stage yesterday if the points werent zeroed :(

would have had the following lads who all finished in the top 20 with cunego taking the jersey :
    Cunego
    Sagan
    fuglsang
    ten dam
    kruijswijk
    bakelandts
  • jimmythecuckoo
    jimmythecuckoo Posts: 4,712
    Its a bugger its broke but I am sure Dave is beavering away to put it right.
  • I missed out on 4 changes on sat as i was working. So I've still got riders from the Crit :cry:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • I'm in, good that can filter just for the tdf
  • gattocattivo
    bump