So, what did you do over the last week?

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited February 2011 in Commuting chat
Bloody hell I almost lost my mind, at one point I thought I was going to have to talk to the family.

:?
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• jzed
    jzed Posts: 2,926
    I spoke cycling speak to the missus - she is now so truly bored of recollections of different bikes, different incidents, new buys, statistics, planned jaunts - thats she's gone on holiday - so since then I've talked to myself (despite funny looks from colleagues) - nearly contemplated having a look at other forums - and then realised BR is back in action.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    JZed wrote:
    I spoke cycling speak to the missus - she is now so truly bored of recollections of different bikes, different incidents, new buys, statistics, planned jaunts - thats she's gone on holiday - so since then I've talked to myself (despite funny looks from colleagues) - nearly contemplated having a look at other forums - and then realised BR is back in action.

LOL Ja did a fair amount of that myself :roll:
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • benno68
    benno68 Posts: 1,689
    Did my first 100.

Pinarello Dogma 2 (ex Team SKY) 2012
    Cube Agree GTC Ultegra 2012
    Giant Defy 105 2009
  • il_principe
    il_principe Posts: 9,155
    I took to hanging around in bike shops, pestering potential customers with unwanted advice and occasionally ranting about Hybrids or 'Devil bikes'...
  • Polished my helmet every day.
  • mudcow007
    mudcow007 Posts: 3,861
    i sat in a darkend room shivvering, occasionally checking bikeradar.....

oh the pain, the pain of it all
    Keeping it classy since '83
  • had 4 punctures :cry: the latest of which struck within a quarter mile of leaving the house...better than half way in i suppose but it meant no commute and no SCR :cry::cry:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    I realised how much work I could get done. I'm on for a promotion!
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • Carried on as usual tbh. BR is 1 of about 10 forums I frequent to pass the time while at work :lol:
    FCN 7

FCN 4

if you use irrational measures to measure me, expect me to behave irrationally to measure up
  • secretsam
    secretsam Posts: 5,098
    Work
    Work
    Work
    Work
    Work

I've been busy

It's just a hill. Get over it.
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    As Sam.

Thankfully that has now stopped. Normal programming has resumed :D
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    YACF

Couldn't navigate it at all
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • tailwindhome
    tailwindhome Posts: 18,941
    We should have a meeting point just in case this happens again

You know like when you were a kid and your mum said to go to the cigarette kiosk if you got separated in Tescos

Ok,that may have just been me.
    “New York has the haircuts, London has the trousers, but Belfast has the reason!
  • Canny Jock
    Canny Jock Posts: 1,051
    Saved a fortune by not buying stuff from the classifieds.
  • mattsaw
    mattsaw Posts: 907
    I spent most of the week coveting carbon frames that I couldn't afford Once that got to be too much I spent a couple of days researching and writing an article on newspaper paywalls effects on link acquisition /geek

After all of that I went on a domain name buying spree - thanks to the forum going down I'm now £600 lighter and I could have put all of that towards buying a new frame anayway :oops:
    Bianchi C2C - Ritte Bosberg - Cervelo R3
    Strava
  • marchant
    marchant Posts: 362
    I tempted fate immensely by washing the bike (and no, it didn't take me all week)
  • Golf, strangling small animals and masturbation.

I know I may offend some people.... golf not being very popular 'round here.
    Chunky Cyclists need your love too! :-)
    2009 Specialized Tricross Sport
    2011 Trek Madone 4.5
    2012 Felt F65X
    Proud CX Pervert and quiet roadie. 12 mile commuter
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,671
    We should have a meeting point just in case this happens again

You know like when you were a kid and your mum said to go to the cigarette kiosk if you got separated in Tescos

Ok,that may have just been me.

'Fraid not.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition