Muc Off is great

Comments

• mfin
    mfin Posts: 6,729
    Fenwicks FS-1 from Wiggle... diluted 10-1, similar and lots cheaper :) ...and neat can use it for degreasing chains etc.
  • dodgy
    dodgy Posts: 2,890
    Leave your cranks to soak in Muc-Off overnight then come back and tell us all how you get on tomorrow :wink:

FS-1 is the better product imo.
  • I use Gunk brush on. Really powerful and cheap.
  • I bought two bottles and was frankly disappointed. I was under the impression it was a mild degreaser as well as a cleaner, an idea soon corrected. Won't be wasting money on any more, but may give the Fenwicks a go.
  • Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    Muc Off is great for.....making your paint go dull and artificially ageing your tyres. By all means splash it about if you wanna make your bike look decrepit in no time, but keep it off the paint, tyres and any plastic / elastomer bits. A hot, soapy wash with something like Zipwax is just as effective IME and leaves the bike shiney too.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • emx
    emx Posts: 164
    Monty Dog wrote:
    Muc Off is great for.....making your paint go dull and artificially ageing your tyres. By all means splash it about if you wanna make your bike look decrepit in no time, but keep it off the paint, tyres and any plastic / elastomer bits. A hot, soapy wash with something like Zipwax is just as effective IME and leaves the bike shiney too.

not sure what planet you wash your bikes on fella, but muc off and all the others - if used properly - will not have any negative impact on paintwork or exposed metals. I've been using muc off and my own TFR mix for about 10 years now on cycles and motorcycles and never had a single issue.

The stuff is designed to be sprayed on and then rinsed off straight away - if you leave it on there for several hours, then frankly you deserve all you get.....
  • With all the mud on the lanes recently, FS-1 has been doing it's job excellently, much prefer it to Muc off.