Good Morning Meatbags!

cat_with_no_tail
cat_with_no_tail Posts: 12,981
edited February 2011 in The Crudcatcher
How are we all on this fine day?

Anyone up-to anything interesting today?

I will be working for a while, from home. Later I may wash the commuter (no sheepsteeth, that's not a euphamism).

Comments

• RevellRider
    RevellRider Posts: 1,794
    Morning!

I'm currently enjoying a bacon-less breakfast (cheese on toast) and making sure I've got everything packed for my long weekend in London. Sadly, there is no cycling to be had so could you all keep an eye on my bikes whilst I'm away please?
  • spongtastic
    spongtastic Posts: 2,651
    Day off. Woo!

Due to the fact I've got so much leave left I'm on a four day week until April.
    Visit Clacton during the School holidays - it's like a never ending freak show.

Who are you calling inbred?
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    Later I may wash the commuter

You know, that's the one bike of mine that hardly gets cleaned at all. Yes, it's fettled and lubed lots as it's the bike I do the most miles on. My thinking is that if it looks dirty it would be less attractive to would-be bike thieves than if I kept it all shiny.

Good Morning Freaks!

Got a few bits and bobs to sort out this morning and probably a meeting to attend. Looks like food shopping will be done later, so expect a newsflash about a world shortage of bacon.

*touches wood*

My foot's starting to feel a bit better. I can now walk without limping. Lets hope this continues for the rest of the day at least.
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    morning all,

got a day of not much and then i'm off for 4 days...yay, i love long weekends.

see you all later bumders
  • Tartanyak
    Tartanyak Posts: 1,538
    I made my way into the office again this morning. For the bit I have to drive I was trying to think how I could bike into Nottingham without dying a death. Didn't come up with anything... Maybe if I just came sooooo early no-one would be awake.

My commuter hasn't been off the garage wall in months :( It all needs a good fettle, clean and luuuuube. I have noticed there's a distinct lack of the gritty grinding paste around here that there was up in Yorkshire.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Yah morning all. Work again today after a great day off yesterday.

Tonight I will be helping the mrs and the kids pack their bags because they are going on holiday for a week with the in-laws and leaving me at home.

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! :D:D:D:D
  • Richie63
    Richie63 Posts: 2,132
    Morning All
    Well last day of full freedom before being lumbered with family things, son is off school tomorrow, so what to do today?

Oh as a side issue I got myself an Avartar
    I'm going to blow the bank on a new build ( within reason ) NOW DONE!!
    http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss14 ... 010362.jpg
  • In bed, trying to sleep/sweat this thing out of me.

That is all.
    "I ride to eat"
  • Kitty
    Kitty Posts: 2,844
    In uni, not doing much work.

Need more sleep.
  • Mey-fest as usual today.....

Dropped the carbon forks off to my LBS on TUESDAY... fair enough he was away, so phoned him up this morning, asking when I could pick them up, and as usual, I get the usual "oooh, I've got so much on.. blah blah"

Now he's a nice guy and good at what he does, but where he's the only decent shop for miles he gets mentally busy. Wish I had of just MTFU'ed and done them myself.

It's a 10 min job FFS..... :twisted:

The bike is built all bar putting the forks/front wheel and bars on... I was hoping to go to Bedgers saturday tp put her through the paces...

Anyway, Im off for caffiene-stuffs and to sulking...... :cry:
  • mooorning :)
    got kept up last night by my housemate whos in the room below me, cause he was talking to himself (he might have been on skype, but it just sounded like a 1 person conversastion tbh).
    really rather tired today, and got to do some prep for a group presentation :(
    got a 2 hour break between my lectures today so gonna bash it out then, (the presentation)

other than that, gonna play on GT5 when i get home, and might treat myself to learning how to work flash for another project

banging day all round
  • Moooorning.

I need to sort my commuter out, as driving in today, I got stuck in a huuuuge traffic jam at some roadworks and all I could think was "I would be flying past this on my bike :evil: " For some reason, I can't bring myself round to buying these forks. Once I do, I know that the build will get into full motion, but I'm also aware that I'm then looking at new wheels, new brakes etc. I don't know if I can afford to really (but probably will :D )

My minion went out and got us pigs in bread. Mine even had a would-be-chicken in it too. Mmmm.
    I need to book some holidays. It's goin to be a tough day :twisted:
    It takes as much courage to have tried and failed as it does to have tried and succeeded.
    Join us on UK-MTB we won't bite, but bring cake!
    Blender Cube AMS Pro
  • Kaise
    Kaise Posts: 2,498

Got a few bits and bobs to sort out this morning and probably a meeting to attend. Looks like food shopping will be done later, so expect a newsflash about a world shortage of bacon.

*touches wood*
    quote]

thats a bit serious over some bacon? something you want to share?
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,522
    Blergh. Sitting at work knackered, keeping fuelled up on crap coffee as my horrid snotty cold kept me awake last night. Boo hoo :cry: Watching the clock just makes time pass even more slowly...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • El Capitano
    El Capitano Posts: 6,401
    kaiser83 wrote:

*touches wood*
    quote]

thats a bit serious over some bacon? something you want to share?

Erm, I'm buying all the bacon, and no I'm not sharing...MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Although actually, I now won't be going shopping, I shall be going to heckle my MP instead. Happy times...
  • Ok, slightly more with it now. Could've done without the stupid DPD driver buzzing our door to tell me that he had thrown the package he was delivering over our gate. Buzz and deliver, or throw, don't do both dipstick.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/9400392.stm

Amusing typo part way down the page "Thousands of overwhelmingly Shi'ite protesters........"

My commuter also needs some fettling, not cleaning, just fettling. Like El Cap, the drivetrain gets cleaned and slipperified but the rest of the bike is covered in acient dirt. I think the tension spring on the rear mech may be broken, it swings part way through its range but is limp around the last couple of gears (no, that's not a euphemism either). It may well explain why it jumps around on the bottom few gears.
    "I ride to eat"
  • Sitting in school is what I'm up to all day. Have two middle of the semester exams today (already finished one) and another tomorrow, so I am super busy.

Some nice warm weather today here in Canada, too bad my bike is away for the winter since there is no where to actually ride here during the winter. Sad times. Being looking at pics of other people's bikes and watching videos to try to get over the winter blues.

Week off next week, heading up to Ottawa (our nation's capital) for some fun times. No biking involved yet. Need to get rid of all this snow.
    '09 Rocky Mountain Fusion
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,871
    Great day out at the branches & grief of customers, only half day tomorrow :)