Aluminium race frames like PlanetX

Tom Butcher
Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
edited February 2011 in Workshop
Anyone here got a PX Superlight ? I was looking for a cheap, stiff frame for RRing this season and then stick a compact on current bike for sportives and to do the Marmotte. The PX Team looks like the job I really like the current paintjob they do on them. Thing is at just under 6'2 I'm between sizes for the PX - would normally look at around a 58cm TT and they run 57 or 59 - a nice paint job isn't going to be any good if it doesn't fit.

Anyone know of any alternatives to the PX - or else any PX Team owners around 6'1-6'2 tell me what size you went for and how you found it ?

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.

Comments

• Percy Vera
    Percy Vera Posts: 1,103
    I'm 6ft, but I have long legs and I've got a large one (at least that's what I'm told -lol). Your welcome to try it. If I were you I'd go for Large.
  • Tom Butcher
    Tom Butcher Posts: 3,830
    Thinking about it I reckon Large is going to be too short at the front - 15cm head tube - that'll have me in a bit of a Cav position on the drops and not sure that's quite for me - can't afford too many trips to the osteopath.

it's a hard life if you don't weaken.
  • Bought aSuperlight about 3 years ago, great frame etc etc but it is REALLY long and low compared to my other frames (which are all race frames as well), dont know if they have altered the geometry since but it is worth bearing in mind