No answer from SuperStar. Cause for concern?

Miggins
Miggins Posts: 433
edited February 2011 in MTB general
I need to return some pedals to SuperStar as the thread on one of them is slightly damaged. I phoned several times on Thursday, Friday and today but got no answer and didn't leave a message on their machine. I've e-mailed them now but really wanted to speak to someone. Do they always operate like this? Should I be concerned?
After uphill there's downhill

Comments

• Superstar is a one man band operation apparently.
  • Miggins
    Rockhopper wrote:
    Superstar is a one man band operation apparently.

:idea: That'd explain it. Thanks Rockhopper.
  • stu8975
    stu8975 Posts: 1,334
    Try their facebook page.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Why didn't you leave a message?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Core Bike Show. my guess is that's where they (he) are (is)
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Koiler
    Koiler Posts: 513
    im still waiting for a reply to an email i sent in september
  • Northwind
    Northwind Posts: 14,675
    There's at least 2 of 'em. But, I got a reply from an email to Neil today so I guess they're about. But, why do you need to speak to them? Their returns proces is all on the website.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • toby_winkler
    toby_winkler Posts: 1,298
    They do have an account on here as well, have seem them respond to several threads regarding returns etc...

As Northwind said, returns policy is on the website, I have returned stuff before and received excellent service, and plenty of haribo :twisted:
  • Miggins
    I'll see what they say in their e-mail. Their returns policy is fair so I don't envisage any problems but I thought I'd ask on the forum. It's always nice to speak to someone before returning goods, so concern is raised when there's no answer from a business number. Thanks for your responses. Fingers are crossed for Haribo. Tangfastics would be nice.
  • Northwind
    Yeah, know what you mean- but don't worry about it, I emailed them first and they just said "Fill in the form". I guess that's one of the reasons they're so busy, polite folks like us wasting their time :lol: I've never used their returns before but a mate had an early KS seatpost, before the problems were sorted and he had it back 2 or 3 times, SS were always great with it, fast turnarounds. Sorted it out fast and free when he broke it crashing too.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    Koiler wrote:

in that case i would wait till the end of Core and send it again.

september.. that will be a few thousand away.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Koiler
    Koiler Posts: 513
    nicklouse wrote:
    Koiler wrote:

in that case i would wait till the end of Core and send it again.

september.. that will be a few thousand away.

nah, if i sit here patiently, they'll get back to me...

...any day now...

or maybe not :lol: it was nothing super important, just a query about one of their products. i got bored waiting and ordered it anyway :lol:
  • Miggins
    Northwind wrote:
    SS were always great with it, fast turnarounds. Sorted it out fast and free when he broke it crashing too.
    Sounds like their customer service is sorted then. Well, almost - they just need to answer the phone! :wink:
  • I've dealt with them a number of times - yeah no one answers the phone - but emails do seem to get responded to within 24 hours.

Neil is the director, Dave is the other guy.
    "If in doubt....close your eyes"

One One 456 Carbon
  • Northwind
    Every email I've ever sent them gets picked up by Dave and looked at first, then passed on to Neil to deal with. I wonder if that's his entire job sometimes, sat at a desk with a PC going "Nope, can't deal with this... Can't deal with this either... Forward, forward" :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • In defence of "Dave" recently he;
    1) Give me a link to a part I was after on the website.
    2) Contacted me to say a headset I ordered was out of stock in the colour I wanted.
    3) Changed my order of said headset to a different colour on request.

Maybe Neil was on holiday.......
    "If in doubt....close your eyes"

One One 456 Carbon
  • Give them time, their awesome once you do get through, it just takes a little time since they are still a small business who don't really do alot of storefront activity. In really busy periods it has taken a few days to get a reply, but the problem basically gets sorted then instead of waiting even longer.

I recommend them!
  • I emailed them last week about a missing lockring and spacers from a SS wheelset I had built. I understand they are busy but I have a set of wheels that I can't use and I am getting no response! It's getting a bit frustrating and I personally know others that have had problems with SuperStar recently.
  • Miggins
    In the main, then, positive stuff. But it's impossible to keep everyone happy all the time. Sounds like they may be a victim of their own success. I would suggest that they remove the telephone number altogether. If they're not going to pick up it gives a very bad impression. Especially if you're calling to place an order. And sometimes leaving a message isn't enough.
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    I saw them a few weeks ago and there was 3 of them.

Any advance on 3?
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • milfredo
    milfredo Posts: 322
    Just use the returns form from the website and send them back.

Why is there a need to call them first, the policy is clearly explained on the website?
  • Northwind
    Actually I said that myself but then when I was filling in my own return I noticed it says "please contact us first" :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Miggins
    milfredo wrote:
    Why is there a need to call them first, the policy is clearly explained on the website?

There was a very good reason to speak to them first; one that I'm not going into detail over on the forum.

Anyway, sent the pedals back on Tuesday (late morning) and received some replacements at 0930 today - less than 48hrs later. That's a fast turnaround. Dave at SuperStar kept me informed by e-mail with what was going on and even threw in a bag of Tangfastics! Happy days.