Cheapest place to get Garmin 800 with maps

banditvic
banditvic Posts: 549
edited January 2011 in Road buying advice
Where is the cheapest place selling the Edge 800 with maps best place so far is handtec £382 maps and performance. Anywhere Cheaper?

Comments

• sopworth
    sopworth Posts: 191
    Don't know if they are still doing the promotion but I got mine from Primera sports for about £350 which was full kit including 1:50k of UK mapping.
    It's just an awesome bit of kit if you like to get out and cycle new routes.
  • Which maps. Are you talking the Road package (City Navigator maps), or the Trail package (1:50k OS mapping). Wiggle have just dropped the prices, but you'll need to be quick. The trail package was £336 or something close to that, this morning.

Rick

http://garstangcyclingclub.net
  • note to self go out on bike and breathe the country air www.whydouneedoneusado.com
    going downhill slowly
  • banditvic
    I want the road maps, doing the ene to end this year and my map reading is crap.
    Couldn't even get the 15% off on the wiggle site.
  • ha ha ha your missing the point of cycling
    going downhill slowly
  • You could consider the Garmin with no maps, and download OSM mapping for free. It works well on the Garmins. Or consider a 605 - half the price of an 800.

http://garstangcyclingclub.net
  • Handtech are the cheapest, even with the current wiggle offer, got my 705 from them last year, if you read the reviews they have recieved some complaints but you will also notice these are mainly aimed at mobile phone buyers.
  • banditvic
    Just found it with NT maps monito and cadence for £355 .
    Company called Trekkinn anyone bought from them before.
  • hammerite
    hammerite Posts: 3,408
    banditvic wrote:
    Just found it with NT maps monito and cadence for £355 .
    Company called Trekkinn anyone bought from them before.

I had a quick look on their website as I'm looking to get an Edge 500. Prices do look low, but then delivery was quite a bit as I think they're shipped from outside the UK.
  • banditvic
    Just tried price matching with Evans will let you know.
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    You could consider the Garmin with no maps, and download OSM mapping for free. It works well on the Garmins. Or consider a 605 - half the price of an 800.

+1 I've loaded the free OSM maps onto my 705 and they are great. Off to Belgium next week so now I've loaded the free BE mapping, why would you pay for it?
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • chrisba
    chrisba Posts: 91
    TrekInn prices do not include VAT, which is 18% in Spain ( where they are ). See "Contact" page
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    I looked a few weeks ago and the prices were fairly consistent at the low end.

I've bought my walking GPS and car sat nav from handTec a few years ago, so this deal looked good.

http://www.handtec.co.uk/product.php/3511/garmin-edge-800-performance-and-navigation-bundle
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • banditvic
    Just did price promise with Evans £355.23.