Do Marchisio Sprockets Shift Well with Shimano Cassettes?

crankycrank
crankycrank Posts: 1,830
edited January 2011 in Workshop
Wanting to replace a worn sprocket on my Shimano 6600 10sp cassette. Anyone with experience using the Marchisio's mixed with the Hyperglide cogs and does the shifting performance suffer? Same question for Miche cogs as well.

Comments

• Wappygixer
    Wappygixer Posts: 1,396
    I'm not sure about Marchisios, but I wouldn't fit Miche sprockets to my worst enemies bike.I see to many fail in respect to them cracking in half.I've had so many customers come in complaining about shifting and its normally down to having lost a sprocket meaning the cluster is loose.Had a guy 2 weeks ago lost 2 off the same cassette.
  • crankycrank
    Thanks for that info Wappy. Cross Miche off the list then.
  • PeterBL
    PeterBL Posts: 209
    Why not just replace it with a Shimano sprocket? I'm not sure you can get all of them individually, but many of them are separately available: http://www.rosebikes.co.uk/products/tec ... r_products
  • crankycrank
    edited January 2011
    Unfortunately Rosebikes is the only place I've been able to find individual Shimano cogs and shipping to the US would almost equal the cost of a full cassette. :( I don't know why Shimano doesn't make them available here but it's almost impossible to find any LBS or web sellers that have them.
  • PeterBL
    PeterBL Posts: 209
    Sorry, I didn't see you were in the US. Strange they can't be found elsewhere. Have you tried contacting Shimano US directly?
  • I used the marchisio Aviotek sprockets years ago. They were the type that had little centre carriers so could be used with a mix of hub types.

They worked good enough at the time.

I didn't think they were brilliant value, though they did last well.
    Recipe: shave legs sparingly, rub in embrocation and drizzle with freshly squeezed baby oil.
  • crankycrank
    Thanks for the replies. I did email Shimano and they said to contact my LBS so no success. At least it's good to know the Marchisio's work somewhat OK.
  • crankycrank
    Tried Harris also but no 10sp cogs. Thanks for looking though.
  • Theoretically they will shift less well as the ramps are different. In reality whether you actually notice the difference is another matter all together.