What wheels

rammer
rammer Posts: 252
edited January 2011 in Road buying advice
While i'm waiting for my Planet x SL carbon Pro to arrive i'm thinking of changing the wheels to Shimano RS30's or Fulcrum Racing 7's which are the best out of the 2 or are the Planet x model B's good enough, advice needed for a road newbie.

Comments

• unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    At 1600g the Planet x model B's are certainly a good bit lighter than some of the other wheels you've mentioned. They seem to be superb value for money.
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • AndyI
    AndyI Posts: 156
    Rammer, sounds like you've got deep pockets or itchy hands,or both. The Planet X model Bs are lighter than both the RS30s or the Fulcrums. I suggest you wait for the new bike to arrive, ride it for a few thousand miles and then decide whether you need to upgrade the wheels. If you do, look at the Pro Lite Braccianos, around £190 from Ribble, and around 100 grams lighter than the Model Bs. That's £19 per gram saved! If I were you I'd invest the money and wait until some must have bike bling turns up, or at least until the Model Bs wear out. :lol:
    A racing mind in a touring body.
  • unixnerd
    unixnerd Posts: 2,864
    look at the Pro Lite Braccianos, around £190 from Ribble

That's actually what I put on my Cannondale and I love them to bits. But if you're a newbie just get out and ride, don't worry about the equipment just get some miles in first and enjoy your new bike :-)
    http://www.strathspey.co.uk - Quality Binoculars at a Sensible Price.
    Specialized Roubaix SL3 Expert 2012, Cannondale CAAD5,
    Marin Mount Vision (1997), Edinburgh Country tourer, 3 cats!
  • AndyI
    Totally agree with unixnerd. :)
  • AndyI
    DUh!! That should read £1.90 per gram saved. Embarrassing! :oops:
  • rammer
    rammer Posts: 252
    I am going to take your advice and stick with the model B's put some miles in then have a rethink, Pro-lite's look tempting though :D . Thanks