Innerleithen Enduro Comp 30th Jan

WilburfiedWilburfied Posts: 4
http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com/20 ... nuary.html

Anyone know much about this race?

I don't get if you are timed for your three stages and getting inbetween them or are just timed for the 3 stages.

I think I would ride my DH bike if it is just the timed stages, but would ride my 140mm AM if you are timed inbetween. Just a lid is compulsory but they recommend a full face, full face could be annoying if your trying to go flat out inbetween stages, or the stages are pedally!

• lochussielochussie Posts: 276
    from the same site:

Enduro 30th Jan exciting trails using the full height of the hill making the most of your efforts getting up there. Every type of trail condition possible; rock, roots, mud and hardpack make this style of event the realm of technical riders, add short pedalling sections and the all rounders should rise to the top but only if they have the skills. Enter now.

Mini DH 13th Feb winter downhill racing as it used to be; a fun, chilled atmosphere, trying to get one over on your mates in the conditions that only a Scottish winter can deliver. This is a push-up event, do as many runs as you can or need to, the quickest one counts. Enter now.

Mountain Time Trial 13th March building on the success of the last few years the mountain time trial returns again, this time we have tweaked the route adding more trails and taking you a little further 'off-piste' around the forest. Enter now.
  • ceecee Posts: 4,553
    you are only timed on the stages.....but there is a total time limit of 4 hours.

it all depends how long you take to get the DH bike back to the top!
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.
  • NorthwindNorthwind Posts: 15,475
    Never saw this post til too late but I entered this thing and did very, very badly :lol: I will never make pro :wink:

But it was absolutely brilliant. If they do it again, I'd recommend it to anyone who's a half decent bikehandler- the riding was hard both physically and skills wise, but having only the descents timed means you can focus on the fun part, the climbs still left me knackered though. Neither a DH race or an XC race, something inbetween- sort of like the Kona Mash-Up I guess only with long, hard stages and timing equipment that works.

So yeah, watch this space, it was a massive success from a riding point of view and I've never seen such positive feedback and smiley faces at an event so hopefully there'll be more. If there is, y'all should enter. I do like races I can enter and do censored in and not just feel like a censored .

There's the UK Gravity Enduro series later in the year which is similiar, definately thinking about doing that. It's spendy but honestly if it's as good as this was, it's worth every penny.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • Anybody up for the 2nd race of the series? a pushup/mini downhill? Planning on making it as much fun as the enduro. Its a great way to try a downhill event with out being a big downhill event, if you see what I mean?

[url=Http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com]Http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com[/url]
    You're becoming a spambot Rich :lol:
    Uncompromising extremist
    On the subject of spam...

http://www.innerleithenmtbracing.com/

2 day enduro, by the same people... I'm signed up, can't imagine a better way to spend the bank holiday... It will be fantastic.
    Uncompromising extremist
  • ceecee Posts: 4,553
    yip...

i think i will be having some of that as well....
    Whenever I see an adult on a bicycle, I believe in the future of the human race.

H.G. Wells.