BMC kit going cheap

smikeymikey
smikeymikey Posts: 7
edited January 2011 in Road buying advice
Hi

Quite new to road cycling and was on the lookout for some better kit now I am putting the miles in. Came across this on BMC's own website....seems very cheap and wondered if anyone had ordered to know how good this replica stuff is and am I likely to pay any charges as the gear is shipped the swiss firm. 2 jerseys and 2 bib shorts with delivery for 45 quid seems a bargain to me..am I missing something? [/img]http://www.bmc-racing.com/shop/[img][/img]

Comments

• Not sure how to post the pic if anyone can assist
    [/url]
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    Am I missing something, how do you pay? The website checkout says there is only one payment method available, but then doesn't give you an option to enter your credit card details
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    Worked it out - slightly bizzare system where "continue" does nothing but the "tick-box, confirm" gets you to enter your credit card.

The shorts look worth a punt
  • Cornish-J
    Cornish-J Posts: 978
    just ordered the full kit for 24quid posted, bargain!
  • Sold out in XL, Dam
  • Buckled_Rims
    Buckled_Rims Posts: 1,648
    http://www.bmc-racing.com/shop/

Oh dear I am tempted....Will others realise I'm riding a CAAD9 if I wear this outfit? :wink:
    CAAD9
    Kona Jake the Snake
    Merlin Malt 4
  • kfinlay
    kfinlay Posts: 763
    Hope the size guide are right as I just ordered a medium set - £26 posted can be bad, just got to wait on an SLR01 to be reduced by about 50% and maybe I could get one :wink:
    Kev

Summer Bike: Colnago C60
    Winter Bike: Vitus Alios
    MTB: 1997 GT Karakorum
  • term1te
    term1te Posts: 1,462
    I ordered some for my son last autumn. Arrived OK, acceptable quality for the price, but came up a little smaller than expected. May be he grew, but other manufacturers kit of nominally the same size is a little larger, don't know if this is true across the whole size range. Does come in a nice bag though.
  • flanners1
    flanners1 Posts: 916
    I bought a set last year, for the price it is excellent, the only problem I found was having the jersey and shorts the same size. Large shorts were good top was slightly baggier than I wanted.

Only worn it once so far so if anyone finds their top is too small with a medium we could do a swop?
    Colnago C60 SRAM eTap, Colnago C40, Milani 107E, BMC Pro Machine, Trek Madone, Viner Gladius,
    Bizango 29er
  • Dales1
    Dales1 Posts: 46
    I like mine - matches the bike!

I ordered Medium. The shorts are pretty tight and the vest is a little small.

I had to send a few email reminders, before they arrived.

Dales.