Dirty Bike Womens MTB wend - Bring it on!!

alphaanne
alphaanne Posts: 48
edited February 2011 in MTB beginners
164112_482870437236_590137236_6397065_2913780_n.jpg

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Dirty-Bike-Womens-MTB-Wend/156134757771032

Come and like us on Facebook ... or if you have any questions email anne@hotnewyou.co.uk

This is set to be an awesome wkend with really cool likeminded girls....the instructors are girls too :oD

Get skills, ask dumb questions (I always do!!), learn what kit to carry, what to eat and everything in between....beginner or skilled Atherton type get your girly butt along and join the fun....complete with food and drinks...can't argue with that eh!!?!
Live Each Day

Comments

• D-Cyph3r
    D-Cyph3r Posts: 847
    If I wear a wig can I come too?
  • And a dress....and false nails ....and LOTS of pink!!! .... Oh you'll need boobs too......Then you're in :lol:
    Live Each Day
  • Mich
    Mich Posts: 83
    alphaanne wrote:
    And a dress....and false nails ....and LOTS of pink!!! .... Oh you'll need boobs too......Then you're in :lol:

Maybe a thong?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Plenty people on here have manboobs, do they count?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Ah....the moobs fraternity ..... real boobs only I'm afraid!! :lol:
    Live Each Day
  • Who is this organised by? Just you? There's nothing on the FC website, so they're not involved... (they are running Women on Wheels events though http://www.forestry.gov.uk/womenonwheels )

The only info I can find is that little poster you've got there and the line on the facebook page that says payment by Paypal or bank transfer. Do you have a website?

Seems expensive ... £70 without food and accommodation for something I can do free (well... ok there is the £2 car park charge) just by asking on this forum if anyone fancies going for a ride.
  • Hi there,
    We have previously ran fitness orientated weekends and due to requests we are running a fun packed skills weekend this time.

The event is based around tuition and confidence building .... the instructors are the same girls who are teaching at the women on wheels event! Awesome ladies!!

There will be 2 whole days of guided riding and learning skills....such as, positioning, bunny hopping, coping with drop offs, climbing.....pretty much whatever the girls want to get help with each day.
    There will also be advice on mechanics, kit for women, nutrition, fitness and where they can go on from the weekend to further their riding.

I went to a few of these type of weekends myself over the years and was so impressed with how much I learned, the cool girls I met and the skills I gained that I decided to organise another weekend.
    And contrary to you suggesting its expensive...the weekend is not for profit...meaning I make nothing out of it. And people who do not stay over are stlll welcome for the social drinks in the evening.
    These type of weekends are normally considerably more pricey.
    There will be a big emphasis on the social side of riding too as many girls find it difficult to find other girls to ride with.

I'm afraid there is no website, only Facebook page....Dirty Bike - Womens MTB Wend.
    You can also email me with questions or for further info :oD

It will be a good fun weekend in a nice friendly environment.
    Live Each Day
  • Who is this organised by? Just you? There's nothing on the FC website, so they're not involved... (they are running Women on Wheels events though http://www.forestry.gov.uk/womenonwheels )

The only info I can find is that little poster you've got there and the line on the facebook page that says payment by Paypal or bank transfer. Do you have a website?

Seems expensive ... £70 without food and accommodation for something I can do free (well... ok there is the £2 car park charge) just by asking on this forum if anyone fancies going for a ride.

Don't under-estimate the skills you can learn (or re-learn) with a bit of skills coaching.

£70 for 2 two days is very good value.

We run a similar weekend for beginners here in Devon, we keep the groups small so we can spend more time with people and more time riding. Two days riding/coaching including B&B. We also throw in a bit of basic trailside maintenance.....and we charge £150 for the weekend and we're pretty busy up until summer.

They're a great way to spend a weekend so good luck with to Alphaanne!
  • Right... but there was no mention of skills coaching in the wee advert, just 'hanging out' with other girls.

Anne has added more info to the thread now though.
  • Sorry...saw the word 'skills' and jumped to conclusions!
  • First id like to say cheers to Herbie The Dog ;o)

Its looking good folks...The places are starting to fill up so if you are interested in getting your ass into the mix then drop me a line.... anne@hotnewyou.co.uk questions welcome!!

I added the event to my website ....

http://www.darwin-personal-training.com
    Live Each Day
  • No worries Anne....I know how difficult it is to get business at the moment so happy to help!

Should you find yourself down in the south west give us a call...http://www.ridemoor.com

Good luck with the weekend!