dhb Earnley Bibshorts

markpotts147
markpotts147 Posts: 100
edited January 2011 in Road buying advice
Im looking to invest in some bibshorts but having just lost my job I'm not eactly rolling around in money :( I like the look of the dhb Earnley bibshorts on wiggle. Does anyone have these? Had these? Just looking for an honest opinion on whether there is a too cheap.

Also, it looks like I'm in between sizes and I'm not sure wether to go L or XL. I'm 6' 3" and 36" waist.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    I don't have those particular ones but I have a few pairs of dhb tights/shorts and I'm very happy with them so you'd probably be OK.
  • Tom BB
    Tom BB Posts: 1,001
    They're spot on :D

In my experience they size up on the larger side of things....I'm in a medium in them but I'm only 5 10 and 65kgs
  • wheezee
    wheezee Posts: 461
    Yep. Found them to be good quality and possibly erring on the large side.
  • briantrumpet
    briantrumpet Posts: 17,821
    Stanley222 wrote:
    Make sure you get the right size though as it's a fairly generous fit!
    Yep. I'm 6', 30" waist and 73kg, and still found their small bibshorts have a bit more space than I need. I find Endura and Gore bibshorts a better fit, but the dhb stuff is well-enough made.
  • AndyF16
    AndyF16 Posts: 506
    I've got a pair of L and I'm 5'11" and a 36" waist and they seem fine, afraid I've only tried them on for fit upto now, not ridden in them but if anything like dhb bibtights then should be great
    2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
    2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
    2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange
  • CarleyB
    CarleyB Posts: 475
    I have some, granted they are womens, but they are the best ones i own. Well worth the money.
    Level 3 Road & Time Trial Coach, Level 2 Track Coach.

Blackpool Clarion CC
    http://blackpoolclarion.webs.com/

Blackpool Youth Cycling Association
    http://www.go-ride-byca.org
  • ive had a pair for 18 months and they are excellent, they have got a decent pad and are hard wearing, about 100 rides and no hint of any tears, from the first few rides there was a couple of patches where theres some bobbling caused by my catching the inside of my thighs on the seat i think but it hasnt got any worse,i think they a bargain i,d definitely get another pair.ive got the bib tights as well and they are just as good.