After the sad death of Lews Balyckyi - lets target the media

downfader
downfader Posts: 3,686
edited January 2011 in Campaign
I have posted this on the CTC and CChat forums, but I know some of you guys and girls take an interest in the issues. So if you've responded already or sent emails to the news corps then thanks!

After the mess the Beeb made by allowing Adam Rayner and other ranters on the recent peice that SHOULD have been about cyclists and the failures in justice, and how these people were not breaking the law, I think we need to target the media.

We need to get them to avoid the motorist-cyclist debates of late (as we all discussed in the Adam Rayner threads the other week) and get them to make some kind of short film that covers the following:

- possibly a short tribute to Lewis
- inteviews with the families and cyclists left to pick up the peices
- a small section on typical punishments of drivers proved at fault and guilty in court (as we know £200 fine and 3 points is average)
- inteviews with leading road safety campaigners, the CTC, Roadpeace and Brake
- raise awareness with drivers that we dont hate them, this is about the bad drivers who affect us all.

bbcbreakfast@bbc.co.uk news@itn.co.uk news@sky.com anyone else you can think of...

Thanks people!

Comments

• dilemna
    dilemna Posts: 2,187
    Complain again to the BBC about Adam Rayner who turned up on yesterday's Jeremy Vine's Radio 2 show, 4th item in, where he again pushed his hatred of cyclists. The subject being discussed was pedestrians using mobile phones listening to i-pods when crossing the roads. So to raise his hatred of cycling was totally irrelevant.
    Life is like a roll of toilet paper; long and useful, but always ends at the wrong moment. Anon.
    Think how stupid the average person is.......
    half of them are even more stupid than you first thought.
  • downfader
    downfader Posts: 3,686
    dilemna wrote:
    Complain again to the BBC about Adam Rayner who turned up on yesterday's Jeremy Vine's Radio 2 show, 4th item in, where he again pushed his hatred of cyclists. The subject being discussed was pedestrians using mobile phones listening to i-pods when crossing the roads. So to raise his hatred of cycling was totally irrelevant.

I was unaware that he was on there. I'd been told to put a local radiio station on by a colleage. No bad thing, Vine is a rightwing cycle-hating instigator of vile arguments anyway. Anyone with any common sense would not read out some of the abuse he takes glee in. :roll: