Wiggle

BobbyTrigger
BobbyTrigger Posts: 377
edited January 2011 in MTB general
110 out of 10 for service Mr/Mrs Wiggle. My front mech has arrived already! Next day on economy!

dont suppose you fancy fitting it aswell do you :D

Comments

• Chunkers1980
    Chunkers1980 Posts: 8,035
    Shame about the prices though.

It's more Royal Mail I'd thank, but yes good dispatch time.
  • I don't find their prices too bad? Prefer Merlin or CRC though...
    Specialized FSR XC Expert 2010
  • scale20
    scale20 Posts: 1,300
    Wiggle has gone dog s%$t.

The new website is pants and loads all over the place, I dont bother with them now.

On the plus side they have been good for dispatch
    Niner Air 9 Rigid
    Whyte 129S 29er.
  • Nothing wrong with wiggle as a company but I no longer use them are they use City Link.
    So if your not in all day or live close to one of their very limited number of depots then it's not worh it using Wiggle ;(.

Different experience to some here... but you were either in or are close to a depot.

I did try asking them to use Royal Mail on a few orders but this didnt work all the time so i gave up.

CRC use Royal Mail and their depot is around the corner not 40 miles away.

Agree their website is a bit of a mess.. but then again CRC's isnt much better IMO.. also not as competative as they used to be.. but they were reliable.. courrier is a deal breaker though ;(.
  • wiggle always been good, customer service, speed of delivery absolutely no complaints.
    use to spend loads with them, probably about one order a week, platinum customer. about the only gripe was missing haribos in a few orders (but thats not even a reason)but i havent ordered with them in over approx 9 months - reason : they are no longer competitive on price, they regularly send me discount codes of £5 when i reuse them but still shop elsewhere.
    i tend to use CRC, ribble, merlin, pbk etc now. its a shame because i believe them to be a genuinely good company.
  • JamieW
    JamieW Posts: 114
    I blame wiggle for everything...
  • IDave
    IDave Posts: 223
    CRC for me, great prices and fantastic service and returns policy, really can't fault them.
  • chuckd
    chuckd Posts: 105
    Wiggle used to be great especially on pricing but not so much anymore. Can't fault their service though.
  • Hoopdriver
    Hoopdriver Posts: 2,023
    I used to use Wiggle a lot - was even a platinum customer once - but no longer; they just are not competitive in price and their new revamped website is a mess. THey need to lift their game. Doubt if they will though - there doesn't seem to be any awareness that people are drifting away.
  • MrChuck
    MrChuck Posts: 1,663
    Hoopdriver wrote:
    THey need to lift their game. Doubt if they will though - there doesn't seem to be any awareness that people are drifting away.

If there's anyone who'd be aware IF people are drifting away it'd be Wiggle wouldn't it?

I can't say I've noticed they have a big price difference with the other big players- as usual I use them if they have what I want at the right price, if they haven't I don't. Don't think I'm using them any less though so I'd disagree that they need to lift their game.
  • i think their great :D

cheers Wiggle!
  • My LBS competes with them on price nowadays! (special offers aside).

Another Merlin/CRC fan here. Haven't used Wiggle for over a year now despite the platinum discount.

They remind me of Muc-Off. Everyone seems to use it despite it not being the best or cheapest.
  • Gazlar
    Gazlar Posts: 8,084
    I like ribble cycles, usually a great deal to be done if you are in need of a couple of things
    Mountain biking is like sex.......more fun when someone else is getting hurt
    Amy
    Farnsworth
    Zapp
  • shm_uk
    shm_uk Posts: 683
    Wiggle are no better or worse than you'd expect from a competitive retailer.

Delivery times are generally very good (and free if you choose)

Prices are competitive. Yes, some items are cheaper than elsewhere, and others are more expensive, but this is no different to any other retailer if you're prepared to shop around.

I think the competition is greater now than ever before though, so you're increasingly likely to find more stuff cheaper elsewhere.
  • Wiggle isn't competitive on price anymore - Everything I look at on their website, I can get cheaper somewhere else. The only things they are cheaper on is items they don't have in stock!

I used to use them all the time but even with platinum discount they aren't competitive. It's a shame coz they used to be my first chioce.