Holiday in the Alps

beardwithabike
beardwithabike Posts: 195
edited January 2011 in MTB general
Hi,

Me and three mates are looking to go away in June mountain biking to Morzine / Les Gets or similar. So far all we have come accross is the alpine elements website. Is there anything else out there? We would be happy to only do 4 days riding to save on bike hire costs etc but we want to go off on our own and use the chairs and gondolas. Any links or advice would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Dave_P1
    Dave_P1 Posts: 565
    There's plenty of companies that hire bikes out there.
    I used Tryfide last year, a small shop with decent bikes and great customer service. You hire the bike from them for 'x' amount of time and return it when your finished. I used to take the bike back every night just incase it got stolen but they would have been happy if I kept it for the duration.
  • Torico in Morzine do bike hire. They also have a shop in Dorset.
  • Oh, check the lift opening times. Not sure if they're open in June..... :?
  • Morzine and Les Gets are due to open 11 June. Rest of Portes du Soleil on the 24th for Pass'Portes. Most lifts close on 4th september, Morzine and Les Gets on 11 September.

There's a lot out here!
  • muddylegs
    muddylegs Posts: 485
    I took the family on holiday to the Alps last year. I can recommend Alp D Huez, there is probably enough riding there for 4 days. Also they have several shops where you can hire bikes, there are also a lot of bike hire shops in the valley below. Ski lifts to the top they were open in August there are several bike trails from the top down with jumps etc. they do offer accommodation up there but I think they would be quite expensive. We camped in the valleys very good campsite within easy reach of D Huez. This is the one we used.
    http://www.camping-castels.co.uk/campin ... ing43.html