Orange Five frame date ??

grchnason
grchnason Posts: 5
edited January 2011 in MTB general
Hi Guys

After your help please. I am looking at getting back on a bike after a long time off due to a very bad back and my mate has offered me his Orange five frame and a few bits

First off i'm not sure what i should be paying as he said make me a offer? and secondly what Year the frame is?

I took a pic last week and just thought if you lovely people could tell me what year it is please?

Thanks in advance 8) pic below)

Terry

IMG_0282.jpg

Comments

• Andy B
    Andy B Posts: 8,115
    Bent top tube = 2007 onwards

Can you get the frame number? it may help date the frame

Valuation threads aren't really allowed on here, have a look on ebay and other places for help to what it may sell for

But what is he offering you, just the frame? frame & shock?...
    2385861000_d125abe796_m.jpg
  • Andy B wrote:
    Bent top tube = 2007 onwards

Can you get the frame number? it may help date the frame

Valuation threads aren't really allowed on here, have a look on ebay and other places for help to what it may sell for

But what is he offering you, just the frame? frame & shock?...

Thanks Andy

Its everything in the pic inc the fork fox R i think and rear shock fox as well

2007 onwards well im getiing there lol i can get the frame number no probs

Thanks for all your help mate

Terry
  • Does anyone know how i tell if its a S or Se or Pro

Sorry for all the questions guys
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    same frame just different spec when sold.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • Mine's a early 2008 and looks the same as that, late 2008 they altered the front of the swing arm and downtube cable guides, then 2009 altered angles and added a gusset under the head tube, 2010 stayed the same, 2011 has tapered headtube amongst other things.

Those cranks were standard on the 08 Pro, but you can spec pretty much what you want with Orange.
  • Xiphon
    Xiphon Posts: 47
    Ask for the serial, of both the swingarm and front end - then phone Orange. They will tell you the year of both, and if they were sold as a pair originally.