Epic Cycles

MaxwellBygraves
MaxwellBygraves Posts: 1,353
edited January 2011 in Road buying advice
I'm in the area and might pop in.
Their website is impressive, they sound very good, does the shop live up to it?
"That's it! You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college! " - Homer

Comments

• weapons
    weapons Posts: 367
    Yes. A huge barn with so much bling to drool over. All the better if you are going to test ride the bikes - there are miles of almost traffic free roads round there to go out for as long as you need.

I got an orca from there and spent 4-5 hours there. Great day out!
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Either increase your card credit limit or leave it at home though!!! It's the cycling world version of a lapdance club (apparently :oops: )
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • Slow Downcp
    Slow Downcp Posts: 3,041
    Either increase your card credit limit or leave it at home though!!! It's the cycling world version of a lapdance club (apparently :oops: )
    Carlsberg don't make cycle clothing, but if they did it would probably still not be as good as Assos
  • orbeaorca
    orbeaorca Posts: 246
    Fantastic place :D
    A converted barn in an idylic setting full of lush bikes
    Chris is a top bloke to ( presuming he is still there! )
    Made a 500 mile round trip to check out a Look which unfortunately was not for me so settled for an Orca.
    Fully recommend the shop.
  • orbeaorca wrote:
    Fantastic place :D
    A converted barn in an idylic setting full of lush bikes
    Chris is a top bloke to ( presuming he is still there! )
    Made a 500 mile round trip to check out a Look which unfortunately was not for me so settled for an Orca.
    Fully recommend the shop.

Chris is still there, he's one of the owners...
  • boblo
    boblo Posts: 360
    Make an appointment and get fitted up. They take a lot of time with you so best not to pop in on the off chance.

Great kit, great service, great selection, great prices. No affiliation, just a satisfied customer.
  • careful
    careful Posts: 720
    Make an appointment and get fitted up. They take a lot of time with you so best not to pop in on the off chance.
    +1

It seems that their usp is to win long term loyalty by devoting considerable time to punters with a serious intention to buy, and providing service that on-line shopping cant provide. Having said that, there is plenty to just look at. I tried out my short list of three bikes, about half an hour on each one. Had another short blast on the first one then bought it. Good fitting, advice and lots of patience. I would certainly go back even though its a very long way from my Somerset home.
  • rolf_f
    rolf_f Posts: 16,015
    edited January 2011
    Bought a Look 585 from Chris - 45 miles of test riding! Spent about 3 separate days there(and it is a long way from Leeds - about 3-3.5 hours each way but worth it) getting measured, riding and picking up. Thoroughly enjoyable experience from start to finish.

Mind, I know the road to Bromyard a bit too well now having done 3 out and backs on the test bikes!
    Faster than a tent.......
  • keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    ^ wot they said. 350 mile round trip x 2 for me. Happy customer.
  • Another very happy Epic customer here

Service is second to none, the coffee is good and the bike bling is about as good as you will find anywhere!!

Truly nice guys and well worth the trip from wherever you are!
  • MarcBC
    MarcBC Posts: 333
    200 mile round trip for me, 4hrs there including fitting and testing. Came away with an Orca (delivered a couple of weeks later as I wanted a 2011 version) + a bunch of goodies I just decided I wanted too. Great shop.
  • ilm_zero7
    ilm_zero7 Posts: 2,213
    MaxwellBygraves
    did you go - did you buy - a BR favourite bike shop - I have bought 2 bikes from them, and would have been a third if they had the dealership
    http://veloviewer.com/SigImage.php?a=3370a&r=3&c=5&u=M&g=p&f=abcdefghij&z=a.png
    Wiliers: Cento Uno/Superleggera R and Zero 7. Bianchi Infinito CV and Oltre XR2
  • gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    If your looking for good old fashion service and staff who know their mustard the trip to epic is well worth while. I picked up a scott cr1 fro there that I won in cycling plus and also a bianchi infinito and dealt with Simon who was very very helpful. I managed to get both bikes fitted and spent a fair while there sorting things out before finally heading for home. When I've needed advice they are always very quick to assist and when I had a faulty campag chain they swopped it via royal mail no problem.

Nice coffee too.