Marzocchi 55rv changing travel length

captainfly
captainfly Posts: 1,001
edited December 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
My new 2011 55rv have been supplied with the travel reduction spacer set to 140mm :( Does anyone know how to get them to 160mm or even a link to somewhere, I have email the supplier but this may be quicker.
-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
Mongoose Teocali
Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:

Comments

• alitodd
    alitodd Posts: 104
    The way spaced forks usually work (Fox and the like) is that you have to take the spacers out to extend the travel. I haven't got any experience with Zocchi's, but I can't see there would be much of a difference to be honest.
    I know not where I am going, my future will decide. But it's not the destination, it's the glory of the ride.

Giant Reign X1 2009 (With shiny bits)
  • captainfly
    captainfly Posts: 1,001
    Sorry about this but major blonde moment, after measuring the travel and it being 140mm of stantion showing a quick fiddle with the preload knobs putting them up to full poped the forks to 160mm D'oh. I still wouldn't mind knowing how to change the travel :roll:
    -_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
    Mongoose Teocali
    Giant STP0

Why are MTB economics; spend twice as much as you intended, but only half as much as you wish you could afford? :roll:
  • alitodd
    alitodd Posts: 104
    Oh my. :lol:

Again, from Fox/ Rockshox experience, there are spacers in the bottom of the legs which you can remove or add to... Still don't know about Marzocchi, sorry...
    I know not where I am going, my future will decide. But it's not the destination, it's the glory of the ride.

Giant Reign X1 2009 (With shiny bits)