Boris Bike membership in 2011?

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
Having used my key less and less lately mostly because I couldn't find a bike when I wanted one in the morning and always had trouble docking in the evenings and also I've found the initial care and consideration from other motorists has all but gone, leaving me riding a ridiculously heavy and slow bike in amongst London's brutal rush hour traffic.

Plus thanks to my short attention span the novelty has worn off :lol:

anyway I'd much rather real secure bike parking where I could leave one or more town hacks.

So who's going to renew in 2011?
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• Clever Pun
    Clever Pun Posts: 6,778
    itboffin wrote:

anyway I'd much rather real secure bike parking where I could leave one or more town hacks.

:lol::lol::lol:

No, wait... :lol::lol:

I'll do it as I live in london and much prefer it to taking the tube, I'll probably enjoy them more when I can take direct routes and don't have to log miles on the damn things
    Purveyor of sonic doom

Very Hairy Roadie - FCN 4
    Fixed Pista- FCN 5
    Beared Bromptonite - FCN 14
  • EKE_38BPM
    EKE_38BPM Posts: 5,821
    They are pay as you go now, so you don't need to register, right?

I've never ridden one (no-one was up for a BB race at the SCR Xmas do), they don't look like fun but no doubt they are more fun than being wedged into PT so crowded that would have you up before the beak if you tried to transport cattle in that kind of density.
    FCN 3: Raleigh Record Ace fixie-to be resurrected sometime in the future
    FCN 4: Planet X Schmaffenschmack 2- workhorse
    FCN 9: B Twin Vitamin - winter commuter/loan bike for trainees

I'm hungry. I'm always hungry!
  • I'm on the daily access so if I do get a bike out in 2011 yes I will renew :-)
    Who's the daddy?
    Twitter, Videos & Blog
    Player of THE GAME
    Giant SCR 3.0 - FCN 5
  • cjcp
    cjcp Posts: 13,345
    Yep, think I'll register. I have a feeling I'll be taking the train more next year because I won't be busting a hump on the Stats side of things, so don't fancy the walk from Waterloo.
    FCN 2-4.

"What happens when the hammer goes down, kids?"
    "It stays down, Daddy."
    "Exactly."
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Will renew. I don't use it much at all tbh but it's handy to have the option and means I can run errands that are a couple of miles from work at lunch.

I did grab one after the company xmas party to get back into town. Mudguards aren't perfect and the tux will need to go to the dry cleaners now :oops:
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • dhope wrote:
    Will renew. I don't use it much at all tbh but it's handy to have the option and means I can run errands that are a couple of miles from work at lunch.

+1

After all, 'tis but £45.
  • I have no reason to use them, I rarely go to London for pleasure and if I do tends to be boosy so train/tube works well I also can use my SS which if I'm going to bike makes more sence.