RS Tora 318 - Lockout not locking - Help please

Jenny Taylia
Jenny Taylia Posts: 269
edited December 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi.

I've got a set of Rockshox Tora 318 U-Turns on my old Rockhopper which had the manual Motion Control / Lockout adjuster.

I swapped with a friend for his Remote Motion control unit (So I can fit a poploc remote lever on the bars) and now the lockout is not locking out! :cry:

I swapped the whole unit from inside the leg and they were just a straight swap.

what can I have done wrong please? or what can I check?

thanks

Comments

• nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    it does not lock out it still allows some travel. but the lockout point is dependant on the flood gate setting. the cable is set ti rotate the dial fully?
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown
  • nicklouse wrote:
    it does not lock out it still allows some travel. but the lockout point is dependant on the flood gate setting. the cable is set ti rotate the dial fully?

Hi.

Thanks for your response but There is no floodgate setting on a Tora!

Turning the adjuster with the cable makes NO difference to the travel / lockout at all and even if I remove the cable and turn the adjuster with pliers to the max, there is still full travel, unfortunately.

I'm aware that the "Lockout" does not make them fully stiff, as I've got / had other Toras & RS forks with lockout & MoCo.

Any other suggests?

Fanx
  • mattv
    mattv Posts: 992
    Probably an oil level issue. Get the fork serviced at a local shop, or have a look at how to do it yourself, its not difficult if you are technically minded. Hydraulic lockouts are sensitive to the exact amount and weight of oil in them, else the lockout "hole" inside which shuts off oil flow is in air rather than oil and doesnt do anything.
  • supersonic
    supersonic Posts: 82,708
    Was it from another 318?