Bike thieves can be caught!

Shotsaway
Shotsaway Posts: 175
edited December 2010 in MTB general
Interesting story, showing that with a bit of perseverance and police assistance, bike thieves can be caught in the selling act.

Comments

• Atz
    Atz Posts: 1,383
    Several people on STW have recovered bikes through careful monitoring of ebay, gumtree, LBS or just walking around. A lot of people also help find them on there... getting bikes back does happen, just not frequently sadly.
  • Good news.

ATB

Simon
  • rf6
    rf6 Posts: 323
    Nice one bizzies! I'd have loved to see the look on the thieving gits face! Just hope the CPS follow it through and prosecute the fecker.
  • good stuff - how do you put an automated search on ebay? I keep looking for my fuel ex8 and would like an automated search to keep a look out....
  • milfredo
    milfredo Posts: 322
    @pilsburypie - You'll need to log in to your account. Make a search and then once the results are shown there will be an option to save the search. Once saved you can change the properties of the search to email you and set expirees etc.
  • Yes they can get caught, but sadly the sentences handed out never quite justify the seriousness of the crime.
    After all, the all the kid did was steal a bicycle which is nothing too serious in the Judge's eyes..
  • Yes they can get caught, but sadly the sentences handed out never quite justify the seriousness of the crime.
    After all, the all the kid did was steal a bicycle which is nothing too serious in the Judge's eyes..
    The main thing is following on from you is how it is for the victim. I don't know how I'd react if i had my pride and joy stolen but I know that I'd be distraught.