ADVICE -First ever set of tubeless tyres ?

bilabonic
bilabonic Posts: 299
edited January 2011 in MTB beginners
Hi

Got a set of these on my new bike and never had them before. What is the score if i have a puncture ?

What gear do i need to fix them and how is it done ??

Cheers
Specialized Epic FSR Carbon Comp

Comments

• bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    They come with a normal tubed setup installed if they came on the bike, so repair them as you normally would.
  • cavegiant
    cavegiant Posts: 1,546
    Have you heard of Google?
    Why would I care about 150g of bike weight, I just ate 400g of cookies while reading this?
  • Have you heard of fuck off knob head?

He was only asking. That is what this forum is for after all :roll:
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Have you heard of fark off knob head?

Piles playing up today?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • cooldad wrote:
    Have you heard of fark off knob head?

Piles playing up today?

Yep they're pissing blood like a bitch.
    Bianchi. There are no alternatives only compromises!
    I RIDE A KONA CADABRA -would you like to come and have a play with my magic link?
  • Tubless is the way forward. Generally u wont get punctures if u have latex inside. My last set saw me good for 9 months of riding before I had a 3 inch slate slash. Id never ride with tubes again. Altho I have tubeless wheels I go it the home made 20 Inch inner tube way, for cheapness and simplicity.
  • bilabonic
    bilabonic Posts: 299
    Altho I have tubeless wheels I go it the home made 20 Inch inner tube way, for cheapness and simplicity.

What do you mean mate ? I need to buy inner tube as spare ?

The bike comes with weird spare valves so i presume tubeless are ready fitted. They are spesh 2bliss.

cheers
    Specialized Epic FSR Carbon Comp
  • bennett_346
    bennett_346 Posts: 5,029
    bilabonic wrote:
    Altho I have tubeless wheels I go it the home made 20 Inch inner tube way, for cheapness and simplicity.

What do you mean mate ? I need to buy inner tube as spare ?

The bike comes with weird spare valves so i presume tubeless are ready fitted. They are spesh 2bliss.

cheers
    Those valves are the valves you need to convert the bike to tubeless. There is no way it'll come tubeless from the factory, you'll need to set this up yourself.

It'll have inner tubes in the tyres at the minute so deflate and carry one with you once youre riding tubeless just incase it wont seal when you puncture and keep the other at home as a spare.
  • try this, if you're not going ghetto

http://www.bikeradar.com/gear/article/w ... less-27915
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    One tip is avoid Panaracer tyres or enjoy cleaning up sealent off the walls.