Ritchey torqkey

rake
rake Posts: 3,204
edited December 2010 in Workshop
Anyone own a ritchey torqkey with a non removable 4mm bit and want to be able to use it with any 6mm hex adaptor. If i can get ten or more interested i can supply a double female 6mm hex extension for the job. cost will be about £5 including or + postage, i havent yet worked out the exact cost but it will be very near that cost price. im not aware that you can actually purchase such a thing off the shelf but someone may prove me wrong. a significant saving on having to pay another £18 for the removable torqkey version if you already own the single one. cheers guys. ill see if i can borrow a camera to put some pictures up but it just looks like a cylindrical extension bit which will also give a little more reach to the tool.

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    The 4mm bit is simply bonded in place - I just haven't had the inclination to unstick it - probably a bit of heat to soften the adhesive. I've got a box-full of replaceable bits so no need for any others, but would expect that folks would want 5mm hex and Torx bits rather another 6mm hex
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • rake
    rake Posts: 3,204
    Monty Dog wrote:
    The 4mm bit is simply bonded in place - I just haven't had the inclination to unstick it - probably a bit of heat to soften the adhesive. I've got a box-full of replaceable bits so no need for any others, but would expect that folks would want 5mm hex and Torx bits rather another 6mm hex
    the 6mm hex is just the shape of the bit socket. any size bit hex or torx will fit into it . the problem with applying heat to the key is the top is plastic and the heat may affect the mechanism i thought. just thought plug in and go with no alteration to the tool would be useful to someone. the 4mm bit stays in place.