truvativ hussefelt / howitzer setup

covelove
covelove Posts: 209
edited December 2010 in MTB workshop & tech
Hi there,
I have recently bought a single ring DH truvativ hussefelt crank for a 2006 kona stinky. I am looking to run it with an e-13 SRS chainguide and am wondering if I can use a standard ISIS 73/118 bottom bracket or do I need a truvativ howitzer BB?

I have tried with an old BB 118 spindle and the crank reaches and rubs on the frame, even before the chainguide is on.

I am therefore guessing I need a truvativ howitzer but cant figure out if i need one for a 51mm or 56mm chainline. Like one of these.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=40487

any help is much appriciated,
cheers guys
does my tail look hard in this?

cove stiffee

orange 222

Comments

• *AJ*
    *AJ* Posts: 1,080
    A friend of mine recently built a bike using these cranks, he was told that hd had to use the truvativ BB as it's a design which isn't used by other manufacturers. It's a hybrid between external BB's and cartridge BBs.

As for the chainline, I'm unsure, Nick may know he seems to be the man of knowledge on here.... I'm unsure that chain line is as important on a single ring set up as it is on a triple set up!

I'd order the 51 mm one, remember the chainguide will push it out another 2.5mm anyway if it's a BB mount device.
  • nicklouse
    nicklouse Posts: 50,675
    covelove wrote:
    Hi there,
    I have recently bought a single ring DH truvativ hussefelt crank for a 2006 kona stinky. I am looking to run it with an e-13 SRS chainguide and am wondering if I can use a standard ISIS 73/118 bottom bracket or do I need a truvativ howitzer BB?

I have tried with an old BB 118 spindle and the crank reaches and rubs on the frame, even before the chainguide is on.

I am therefore guessing I need a truvativ howitzer but cant figure out if i need one for a 51mm or 56mm chainline. Like one of these.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/Mode ... elID=40487

any help is much appriciated,
    cheers guys

is it ISIS fitting or Howitzer?

they are NOT interchangeable. but Hussefelt came it both types. see what it says on them.
    "Do not follow where the path may lead, Go instead where there is no path, and Leave a Trail."
    Parktools :?:SheldonBrown