The post-Christmas sales!

furrag
furrag Posts: 481
edited December 2010 in Road buying advice
They seem to be active now online, with Wiggle, CRC and Ribble all shifting stock, though Wiggle's doesn't seem nowhere near as good for a bargain compared to Ribble and CRC.

So are there any 'vitals' recommended to pick up at this time of year in the sales? Off the top of my head I can only think of tubes, lubes, and chains (which all sounds a bit kinky really).

Comments

• gwillis
    gwillis Posts: 998
    I had £200 of wiggle vouchers for my birthday and now wishing I'd asked for something else . The sale that isn't really a sale
  • With Wiggle, you need to hold your nerve for the final reductions bit IIRC - that's when I picked up my ex-demo 105 Focus Variado at half-price.

I don't actually need anything so I'm trying to be good - though, as above, tubes & lubes are always a good idea (got a stonking deal on 3 chains for the price of one last year so I'm covered there)
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • gwillis
    IIRC?......
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    gwillis wrote:
    IIRC?......

If I remember/recall correctly.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • hopper1
    hopper1 Posts: 4,389
    PBK also offering 15% off.... Marvelous, as I bought a skinsuit with 10% 0ff, yesterday! :evil:
    Start with a budget, finish with a mortgage!
  • paulbox
    paulbox Posts: 1,203
    Always a good time to pick up some bargain clothing.
    XC: Giant Anthem X
    Fun: Yeti SB66
    Road: Litespeed C1, Cannondale Supersix Evo, Cervelo R5
    Trainer: Bianchi via Nirone
    Hack: GT hardtail with Schwalbe City Jets
  • gwillis
    Dabber wrote:
    gwillis wrote:
    IIRC?......

If I remember/recall correctly.

Thanks I can just about type on this thing
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    I've never been bombarded with so many emails from the online retailers, I wonder if sales are suffering and they're getting desperate?
  • furrag
    furrag Posts: 481
    Smokin Joe wrote:
    I've never been bombarded with so many emails from the online retailers, I wonder if sales are suffering and they're getting desperate?
    I think it's following the competition. I'm only subscribed to Ribble, CRC & Wiggle. The latter two seem to be very competitive in sales/deals. If one offers a weekend sale, the other tends to have an email in my inbox within the hour!