Santa "comes" early

itboffin
itboffin Posts: 20,052
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
Am I the only person who finds it impossible at Christmas time not to buy even more stuff for myself?

Any-hohoho I was rudely awaken at 8:30 this morning :oops: by Santa, he's really let himself go lately.

Gone are the reindeer and sledge, replaced by a grubby white van, some scruffy hobo-esq clothes with a roll up hanging from his grubby face, even the the usual cheery greeting was replaced with "cold down er".

Thrust into my hand was a small box, contained inside a shiny new Garmin Edge 705 HR/CAD

Yummy yum yum

Merry Christmas everyone 8)
Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.

Comments

• jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Nice work.

Yeah, normally I do the same. I've been quite restrained this year, mainly due to work keeping me busy the last few weekends.

I did recently spy a garmin 500 in 'neutral' colours and thought that would go much better on the cervelo than the blue/white one I have...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    edited December 2010
    Yup GoPro HD, 3 buffs, parts for a winter hack mtb conversion inc stud tyres..!
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Yup, Niterider MiNewt 150 appeared on my office desk yesterday afternoon. Drat.
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • hatbeard
    hatbeard Posts: 1,087
    I may be waiting on a new chain, pearl izumi gillet and some powerlinks :oops:

oh and a merino top, overshoes and gloves :lol:
    Hat + Beard
  • nich
    nich Posts: 888
    Not brought anything for a while.

Summers just around the corner, so not worth buying any winter kit, innit :P
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    new tyres and rollers bought yesterday

woops
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    I spotted a cheap second hand Assos Intermediate top, in my size. Well it would silly not too wouldn't it?
  • hatbeard
    andy83 wrote:
    rollers bought yesterday

32204.jpg

:?:
    Hat + Beard
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    itboffin wrote:
    Am I the only person who finds it impossible at Christmas time not to buy even more stuff for myself?

Any-hohoho I was rudely awaken at 8:30 this morning :oops: by Santa, he's really let himself go lately.

Gone are the reindeer and sledge, replaced by a grubby white van, some scruffy hobo-esq clothes with a roll up hanging from his grubby face, even the the usual cheery greeting was replaced with "cold down er".

Thrust into my hand was a small box, contained inside a shiny new Garmin Edge 705 HR/CAD

Yummy yum yum

Merry Christmas everyone 8)

How much are they these days? I was waiting for the price of the 705 to plummet with the new model out....
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • Santa somehow managed to squeeze a Cube Ltd Comp mountain bike down my chimney.
  • andy83
    andy83 Posts: 1,558
    hatbeard wrote:
    andy83 wrote:
    rollers bought yesterday

32204.jpg

If I actually had some hair on my head then yes maybe lol
  • hatbeard
    andy83 wrote:
    hatbeard wrote:
    andy83 wrote:
    rollers bought yesterday

32204.jpg

If I actually had some hair on my head then yes maybe lol

I just noticed she appears to be wearing rapha tights in that pic :lol:

my chain, gillet and powerlinks just turned up too! woohoo!
    Hat + Beard
  • Wrath Rob
    Wrath Rob Posts: 2,918
    Avoided purchases so far but come the sales I'll be after some new kit. I think my Continental tyres have finally given up the ghost after 3 years and ~10,000 miles. Rear grip is definitely much worse, I can spin up the rear wheel far too easily in the wet and there are some nasty looking cuts to the front. Just got to find some new ones and get the old ones off now
    FCN3: Titanium Qoroz.
  • whyamihere
    whyamihere Posts: 7,702
    I've just bought a bike bag, because I'm fed up of my beloved Cannondale road bike living outside. The MTB and Vitamin can stay out there, but the Cannondale's coming into the house.

I also saw some LX dual control brake/shift levers going for £18. Had a pair of them, and another pair for a friend.
  • dhope
    dhope Posts: 6,699
    Spent £27 on bike stuff for sister.
    Didn't quite qualify for free postage (needs to be £30).

Spent another £60 on stuff for me. Wanted to be sure.
    Rose Xeon CW Disc
    CAAD12 Disc
    Condor Tempo
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Shortly after Santa's visit this morning one of his elfs popped by with some cheap running tights and jackets from sportdirect.com

Not for me of course, I DON'T do running.
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • redvee
    redvee Posts: 11,922
    Not bought anything special bike related for myself for xmas, only normal bits for the Vanquish project that just needs a bearing service and bar tape but I did splash the cash down the Apple shop on an iPod dock and got 20% discount from them too :D
    I've added a signature to prove it is still possible.
  • Tonymufc
    Tonymufc Posts: 1,016
    I've just posted in another thread that I'll be purchasing two new road bikes after Christmas.

http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/images/gen ... 0-1000.jpg

and

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/specialed ... ERC&bike=1

Is that a bit too much. Oh well. If buying bike stuff is a sin then send me too hell cos I'm guilty as charged. The devil has all the best stuff anyway. :D
  • Well I bought a winter bike and has not long been delivered so am classing that as a Christmas present to myself as won't now get out before due to the snow
    Pain hurts much less if its topped off with beating your mates to top of a climb.
  • What could be better than getting yourself a brand new bike for Xmas? :) I've posted something about this here: http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... 1#16670591 if you wanna join in the Holiday spirit! ;)
    Can't wait to get myself a pair, I'm thinking I'll go to the shop tomorrow. Wanna ride them on Xmas day, when everything's quite and everybody's at home.

Happy Happy Holidays!
    Spam sig deleted.