Don't ride a new bike for the first time in this weather

jeremyrundle
jeremyrundle Posts: 1,014
edited December 2010 in Commuting chat
WOW :!: moron, that will teach me, never take a new bike for a maiden run in the cold and on icy roads, use the one you have always used, phew
Peds with ipods, natures little speed humps

Banish unwanted fur - immac a squirrel
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... heads.html

Comments

• Err - I learmed that lesson in January.

New road bike
    New eVent jacket
    New Merino wool baselayer
    New Sealskinz gloves

all damaged.

D'oh!
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    I could also add don't wear your nice new white Assos Airjack in these conditions. In my still drunken state it seemed like a good idea to try it out this morning. It is now covered in a spray of road grime and rock salt - fool!
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • I'm waiting for the bloody weather to pick up so I can try the new ss, looks like it's going to be nexy bloody year now
    2012 Cannondale Synapse
  • jonginge
    jonginge Posts: 5,945
    Butterd2 wrote:
    I could also add don't wear your nice new white Assos Airjack in these conditions. In my still drunken state it seemed like a good idea to try it out this morning. It is now covered in a spray of road grime and rock salt - fool!
    Oops. It's one of the reasons I go black or red for jackets...
    FCN 2-4 "Shut up legs", Jens Voigt
    Planet-x Scott
    Rides
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    My soot bike is in the garage nice and clean since the last day with no snow ( dec 15th)
  • Butterd2
    Butterd2 Posts: 937
    JonGinge wrote:
    Butterd2 wrote:
    Oops. It's one of the reasons I go black or red for jackets...

I liked the idea of the better visibility of the white but I fear dirty grey is going to be no better than black anyway :(
    Scott CR-1 (FCN 4)
    Pace RC200 FG Conversion (FCN 5)
    Giant Trance X

My collection of Cols
  • Yep - been there done that - New Years day last year - brand new carbon steed and Gore phantom jacket both damaged on their first ride as the frost caught me out!!

Painful, but valuable lesson!!