OT: I am a man.....no, really, I am!!!

gtvlusso
gtvlusso Posts: 5,112
edited January 2011 in Commuting chat
A female member of my team asked me for a squirt of moisturiser......

Yes, I have Nivea moisturiser on my desk.

*I just forfeit my right to being a dude....

Comments

• SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    Vaseline Intensive Care on my desk, and I'm hung dude. :D
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • gtvlusso
    Nivea has that hot chick in the add though.....
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    Seriously gentlemen

MTFU
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • SimonAH
    SimonAH Posts: 3,730
    ............erm, who shaved their legs recently and then moaned incessantly about razor rash.......and your are suggesting that we MTFU? Whew, get her!
    FCN 5 belt driven fixie for city bits
    CAADX 105 beastie for bumpy bits
    Litespeed L3 for Strava bits

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.
  • itboffin
    SimonAH wrote:
    ............erm, who shaved their legs recently and then moaned incessantly about razor rash.......and your are suggesting that we MTFU? Whew, get her!

Trimmed actually and very nice it looks too :roll:
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • Real men do moisturize...with axle grease.
  • Headhuunter
    Headhuunter Posts: 6,494
    I have a bottle of Neal's Yeard Garden Mint and Bergamot handcream (conditions hands with precious essential oils apparently), a tube of Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector (for when it's REALLY dry) and a bottle of Faith in Nature Replenishing Body Lotion which is scented with lavender... I actually use it on my face. At home I have a Japanese organic body lotion, pure sweet almond oil for moisturising my body and various Neal's Yard face creams... I'm nearly 40 now and need to be careful...
    Do not write below this line. Office use only.
  • daviesee
    daviesee Posts: 6,386
    I have a bottle of Neal's Yeard Garden Mint and Bergamot handcream (conditions hands with precious essential oils apparently), a tube of Body Shop Hemp Hand Protector (for when it's REALLY dry) and a bottle of Faith in Nature Replenishing Body Lotion which is scented with lavender... I actually use it on my face. At home I have a Japanese organic body lotion, pure sweet almond oil for moisturising my body and various Neal's Yard face creams... I'm nearly 40 now and need to be careful...

Really?

I would have just kept quiet.
    None of the above should be taken seriously, and certainly not personally.
  • Headhuunter
    daviesee wrote:

Really?

Yes. I moisturise and I'm proud GODDAMIT!
  • Oddjob62
    Oddjob62 Posts: 1,056
    I do get questions about the tub of Assos Chamois Cream on my desk.
    As yet unnamed (Dolan Seta)
    Joelle (Focus Expert SRAM)
  • daviesee wrote:

Really?

You moisturise a damn sight more than I do and I'm ACTUALLY A WOMAN.

:shock:
  • itboffin
    See is you know

FACT!
  • bigmat
    bigmat Posts: 5,134
    If things get really bad I might ask my wife for some head cream (apparently its called "face cream"), and have been known to borrow my nipper's sudocrem for saddle sores. Other than that, no moisturiser.
  • Headhuunter
    BigMat wrote:
    If things get really bad I might ask my wife for some head cream (apparently its called "face cream"), and have been known to borrow my nipper's sudocrem for saddle sores. Other than that, no moisturiser.

Oh yes, I've got sudocrem as well for use on long rides.... Didn't really consider that a moisturiser...
  • Headhuunter
    daviesee wrote:

Really?

I started moisturising when I started running a few years back, after showers etc. Then I moved and started to cycle to work and back and sometimes I would go to the gym at lunch as well and I found I was having 3 showers per day. That amount of washing plays havoc with one's skin so started to moisturise more and since then I have got myself increasingly sucked into the world of moisturisers. It's like a pyramid scheme. However my skin is lovely and soft...
  • rjsterry
    rjsterry Posts: 27,663
    daviesee wrote:

Really?

I started moisturising when I started running a few years back, after showers etc. Then I moved and started to cycle to work and back and sometimes I would go to the gym at lunch as well and I found I was having 3 showers per day. That amount of washing plays havoc with one's skin so started to moisturise more and since then I have got myself increasingly sucked into the world of moisturisers. It's like a pyramid scheme. However my skin is lovely and soft...

I'm often on 3 showers a day (and at least 2), especially in the summer, so I know what you mean - although I've not succumbed to your extent. Just something on the face in the morning - rubbish skin, which veers between greasy and peeling if left to its own devices - and a bit of Norwegian Formula for emergency use on the hands in winter. Both stay firmly at home though.

Mind you, I'd happily have an Athena gruppo on my bike, so there you go - I may as well just go and buy a dress and be done with it.
    1985 Mercian King of Mercia - work in progress (Hah! Who am I kidding?)
    Pinnacle Monzonite

Part of the anti-growth coalition
  • iPete
    iPete Posts: 6,076
    snailracer wrote:
    Real men do moisturize...with axle grease.
    Real men use road grit!

grit.jpg

*mudguard in the post
  • Headhuunter
    rjsterry wrote:
    daviesee wrote:

Really?

I'm often on 3 showers a day (and at least 2), especially in the summer, so I know what you mean - although I've not succumbed to your extent. Just something on the face in the morning - rubbish skin, which veers between greasy and peeling if left to its own devices - and a bit of Norwegian Formula for emergency use on the hands in winter. Both stay firmly at home though.

Mind you, I'd happily have an Athena gruppo on my bike, so there you go - I may as well just go and buy a dress and be done with it.

Athena? Oooh, you great big girl! I've got Tiagra on 1 bike and 105 on the other.... I'm a MAN! I do like to slip into a dress every now and then though... You know, in the evening when no one's around.... Too much information?
  • daviesee wrote:

Really?

Yeah, I agree - the more you do it the more you need to. I have some nivea somewhere that I always spend ages looking for at this time of year because the skin on my legs gets so dry I get cuts from wearing wellies. Ouch.

Other than that though, I don't, unless I've got sunburnt or something. Oh and I shower once or twice a day.

I think you may need to wean yourself off it... :?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,320
    Caution, you probably don't want to read this:
    A friend of mine works in the exhibition indstry. They build large stands all over the world. In some of the hotter more humid climates the crew are prone to a condition that I will call "exhibition aris". To ease the discomfort the foreman keeps a large tub of vaseline for the crew to use. A new lad started and saw this on his desk and whilst complaining of dreadfully chapped lips dipped a finger and smeared it across his lips. Presumably not noticing the short and curlies in the tub.
    NEVER USE ANOTHER PERSON'S MOISTURISER! :shock:
  • Cafewanda
    Cafewanda Posts: 2,788
    Good for you HH. Slap those creams on the skin. They good for you, especially as you get older :)

Veronese, Vaseline probably shouldn't be shared but if the stuff comes in a tube then that's fine for sharing :wink:
  • DonDaddyD
    DonDaddyD Posts: 12,689
    Headhunter,

I use baby lotion for my face (which is naturally oily so I don't like heavy oil based creams).

I use baby oil for everywhere else (including the 'foot bottom' I hate dry feet).

I "encouraged" Ms DDD to use cocoa butter on her body and she uses my baby lotion on her face.

We both have pomus stones to scrape the dead skin from our feet (I hate when the 'foot bottom' is tough and dry, especially on chicks).

I will only use Superdrugs tea tree oil facial wash and facial pads (to wash my face).

I use babylove or soft and precious hair oil for my hair.

I have soft skin. I have good hair.

But dude, seriously, the following is just ghey...
    Food Chain number = 4

A true scalp is not only overtaking someone but leaving them stopped at a set of lights. As you, who have clearly beaten the lights, pummels nothing but the open air ahead. ~ 'DondaddyD'. Player of the Unspoken Game
  • iPete wrote:
    snailracer wrote:
    Real men do moisturize...with axle grease.
    Real men use road grit!

grit.jpg

*mudguard in the post
    Surely mud is for exfoliating?
  • gtvlusso wrote:
    A female member of my team asked me for a squirt of moisturiser......

Yes, I have Nivea moisturiser on my desk.

*I just forfeit my right to being a dude....

[Borat]

You like to make sexy hand party at work, yes? Is good, yes?

[/Borat]
    Swim. Bike. Run. Yeah. That's what I used to do.

Bike 1
    Bike 2-A
  • biondino
    biondino Posts: 5,990
    Neutrogena Norwegian Formula at work and L'Occitaine Cade at home does the job for me. But you already know I'm a screaming ponce.
  • vorsprung
    vorsprung Posts: 1,953
    I find the only time I need to use hand cream is when I've been using heavy duty degreaser without gloves
    It takes the oil out of your hands too
    Just for the record, I don't shower three times a day
  • Tesco Value baby lotion for the body and E45 Cream for hands when chapped. I may be a cheapskate but I am a comfortable cheapskate.

P.S. Sudocrem truly is the cyclist's friend.
    The older I get the faster I was
  • gtvlusso
    DonDaddyD wrote:
    Headhunter,

I use baby lotion for my face (which is naturally oily so I don't like heavy oil based creams).

I use baby oil for everywhere else (including the 'foot bottom' I hate dry feet).

I "encouraged" Ms DDD to use cocoa butter on her body and she uses my baby lotion on her face.

We both have pomus stones to scrape the dead skin from our feet (I hate when the 'foot bottom' is tough and dry, especially on chicks).

I will only use Superdrugs tea tree oil facial wash and facial pads (to wash my face).

I use babylove or soft and precious hair oil for my hair.

I have soft skin. I have good hair.

But dude, seriously, the following is just ghey...

I am both shocked and saddened by your complete and utter ponciness....As bad as each other IMHO.

I feel vindicated.....in the present company.

@Stone Glider, we use sudocrem on the babies ar$e....
  • @gtvl, that's OK, I wasn't coming round to your place to borrow some anyway :)
    The older I get the faster I was
  • gtvlusso
    @gtvl, that's OK, I wasn't coming round to your place to borrow some anyway :)

Mmmmm smoooooth......:-)