Poor Wiggle customer service.

RHT
RHT Posts: 34
edited December 2010 in Road buying advice
I'll stick to facts, you can make up your own minds.

Ordered a 2011 Ionos helmet in the 20% off sale as a birthday gift. Don’t forget it's only actually 10% because they sell them all year with 10% off as standard. Delivered within 48 hours , had to collect from depot as I’m in work all day. Got to depot (1hr round trip), Wiggle had somehow sent me a bike frame (not much use as head protection). Wiggle acknowledged mistake and dispatched a new delivery. Got to depot (1hr round trip), Wiggle had dispatched the wrong size, order and invoice stated medium, box contained a large (The large L should have been a clue for the packing monkey). 72 hours and 6 e-mails itt took for Wiggle to actually acknowledge their mistake. Birthday long gone, no present = disappointment. Requested full refund and arranged collection. Whet to my local bike store (TREDZ Cardiff) who price matched.

Moral of the story. I may be unlucky on this one, but from now on I'll use your local bike store, and will only use Internet retailers that you can contact to talk through the problem. Even M15 has a telephone number, but not Wiggle!

Comments

• le_boss
    le_boss Posts: 183
    their deteriorating customer service has been discussed recently on here. theyare defo going downhill.

what frame did they send you?
    id have kept it and sold it, would have made some money on that surely??
  • ShutUpLegs
    ShutUpLegs Posts: 3,522
    Where is the poor Wiggle customer service?
  • le_boss
    le_boss Posts: 183
    there are quite a few, just search the forum

heres one example http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12746268

and another http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12743984
  • I can only comment on my own experience.

I have not had one problem with them.

Most recently I returned a pair of Merston bibs to them that were a year old as the pull part of the zip snapped.

Refunded me in full the next day along with my postage costs. I think thats pretty good service?
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    Can't you have stuff delivered to work?
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • gavintc
    gavintc Posts: 3,009
    Of the online companies, I rate Wiggle. Their customer service when an item goes wrong, in my experience, has been excellent. They are slightly more expensive than some of their competition and if I do not always buy from them. But, personally I have had no issue with them and when I had a dodgy Garmin 705 (but out of warranty) they replaced it by return of mail and refunded my postage. Excellent, and good communications.

I think RHT's experience is regrettable, and I suggest possibly down to a numbskull employee. If you get through to the thinking end of Wiggle, rather than simply the box packer, you will find an organisation keen to promote an image of good customer relations . Nevertheless, I can well understand your frustration and your comedy of errors, made worse by the delivery system, is not good.

I do think that we have not got the delivery system sorted in UK. I propose it was devised for an age long gone when Mrs Householder would be at home doing the cleaning/cooking and able to answer the door to the nice smiling postman. We need drop boxes or something similar close to our houses where parcels can be left safely. I think if someone cracks this with a cheap workable solution, he will be onto a winner.
  • I get a lot of stuff delivered to work just so mrs zippy doesn't see it. I think I would have kept the frame and if it didn't fit, sell it on. I agree the lack of a phone no. puts me off wiggle although I do use them occasionally.
    If suffer we must, let's suffer on the heights. (Victor Hugo).
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,400
    Think you've been unlucky or the packing monkey has a personal grievance with you, maybe for calling him a monkey.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • arlowood
    arlowood Posts: 2,561
    Hi there

Think you must have just been unlucky - possibly falling victim to the pre-Christmas rush of orders.

So far my experience has been excellent. Was looking for some new road shoes and opted for the dhb R1 shoes from Wiggle. Because of concerns about sizing I was advised on this forum to order 2 sizes then return the one that didn't fit.

Good communication about order progress and 2 pairs arrived promptly. After checking them out I returned the pair that were too small. Got confirmation of receipt and message that my money would be refunded. Refund appeared on my credit card within 7 days of sending the small pair back.

I rate that as good service although this was about 8 weeks ago so things might have changed in the interim.
  • They are getting a few more things wrong than usual though. Sent me a women's Umajack instead of a pair of Unos.

Easy mistake to make, but could have been expensive for them if I'd kept it and ebayed it.
    My blog: http://www.roubaixcycling.cc (kit reviews and other musings)
    https://twitter.com/roubaixcc
    Facebook? No. Just say no.
  • giant_man
    giant_man Posts: 6,878
    I suppose it depends what the frame they sent you was, but I would have kept the frame and sold it, bought the helmet and pocketed the difference, result!

OK so you wouldn't have had the helmet on your birthday, but does it matter?
  • Gazzaputt
    Gazzaputt Posts: 3,227
    I have defended Wiggle a lot in the past.

I have spent £1000s with over the years but this counts for nothing it seems.

I made an order and paid via Paypal.

Like an idiot I select an incomplete address to send the item to.

No problem I'll email them straight away and just ask them to add the missing part of the address.

To their credit I got a reply within 30 minutes but said the address could be amended. I replied saying the address is incomplete and if not amended the item won't get delivered.

Wiggle reply saying no can't be done.

Now said item has gone missing in the post.

Sorry Wiggle you just lost a very loyal ( and free spending!) customer.
  • Supergoose
    Supergoose Posts: 1,089
    Its unfortunate but no-one is perfect. Mistakes will be made. I understand peoples disappointment about individual orders not being right but as someone who consistently orders stuff for my bikes from Wiggle I have to redress the balance by saying I find the service offered by them as a retailer is excellent.

I recently bought a 2011 Focus Mares 105 equipped cross bike, what with various discounts available to me I got it for £670.00 posted f.o.c. List price is £850.00

The t's and c's allow me a 30 day test ride!

I dont know any other retailers that would be able to match that.
    Rock 'n' Roule
  • I've normally found them to be good. I'm slightly miffed about my order for Ice Spiker tyres though. They took my money back in early Nov with delivery mid-Dec. The tyres never showed and the date was put back to "early Jan". If they can't be sure of delivery, they shouldn't really take the money. They've had £120-odd for nearly 2 months. I've now bought the tyres from Action Sports.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • sfichele
    sfichele Posts: 605
    Evans do a 30 day test ride on some models and you can have a hassle-free test ride in store for free.

Wiggle really pissed me off the last time I bought a bike. They sent the wrong size, and then when I returned it they had run out of my size, and I missed out on a bike I had been waiting for ages to buy.
  • Smokin Joe
    Smokin Joe Posts: 2,706
    RHT wrote:
    I'll stick to facts, you can make up your own minds.

Ordered a 2011 Ionos helmet in the 20% off sale as a birthday gift. Don’t forget it's only actually 10% because they sell them all year with 10% off as standard. Delivered within 48 hours , had to collect from depot as I’m in work all day. Got to depot (1hr round trip), Wiggle had somehow sent me a bike frame (not much use as head protection). Wiggle acknowledged mistake and dispatched a new delivery. Got to depot (1hr round trip), Wiggle had dispatched the wrong size, order and invoice stated medium, box contained a large (The large L should have been a clue for the packing monkey). 72 hours and 6 e-mails itt took for Wiggle to actually acknowledge their mistake. Birthday long gone, no present = disappointment. Requested full refund and arranged collection. Whet to my local bike store (TREDZ Cardiff) who price matched.

Moral of the story. I may be unlucky on this one, but from now on I'll use your local bike store, and will only use Internet retailers that you can contact to talk through the problem. Even M15 has a telephone number, but not Wiggle!
    That's not a mistake, that's a result.
  • I recently ordered a pair of bib tights from Wiggle for the cold weather, they weren't as thick as i thought they'd be and sent them back no hassles, full refund and ordered some different ones despatched and delivered extremely quickly.

Personally i've never had a bad experience with Wiggle and use them alot.
  • dandrew
    dandrew Posts: 175
    I used to think Wiggle were really good. Stopped buying from them when they advertised stock they didn't have and after 6 weeks of waiting goods didn't arrive.
    Not good enough.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Everyone makes mistakes. No retailer is perfect. Wiggle is HUGE and sell a LOT of product. Stuff is bound to go wrong.

I doubt all the people who work there are all cyclists and know every single product.

I still rate them and will continue to buy from them.

And I turned 40 this week and didn't get a single present. So stop your whining. :P
  • Zingzang
    Zingzang Posts: 196
    I am still in dispute with Wiggle over £100+ they owe me for a refund I was due 4 weeks ago and that they have thus far declined to pay out. The next step is the small claims court, I am afraid.
    Their packing dept is in chaos and if you are unlucky (as I have been) in who you get from their customer service dept to deal with your problem you will really struggle to get things sorted out.
    A small but consistent percentage of bad experiences spread across all customers does not have to turn into a big percentage for a company to have and deserve a bad reputation. Wiggle are dangerously close to getting one.
  • Have to say that I am pretty impressed with Wiggle and they are pretty much my default choice for ordering cycling stuff from.

I bought a waterproof DHB jacket from them 2 or 3 months ago and it was absolutely fine, as I expected it to be. However, I got an email from them saying they had found some faults with it and that the tape on the seam seals had been found to fail during washing. They gave the option of keeping it and being able to return it at any point if I found the same happened with mine or return it straight away for a full refund (inc postage), no matter what condition it was in - washed, unwashed etc. I sent it back and ordered a different jacket, but I though that the whole communication from Wiggle was very good and, from my experience, it's rare to get pro-activity like that from a retailer.
    Winter: Moda Nocturne
    Road: Cervelo R3
    'Cross: Ridley X-Night
    Commuter: Genesis Day One
  • rich_e
    rich_e Posts: 389
    edited December 2010
    I've also got to say that I've spent a considerable amount of money with Wiggle, probably more than any other online store and I've always found their customer service to be second to none, it's one of the main reasons I know ordering from them is a safe choice.

I've never once had the wrong item either.
    I'd perhaps put that down to maybe having taken on extra staff over Xmas...

Just to think of some of the things they've done over the years...

- I once ordered a jacket and discovered a black mark on it. They had no more stock of them so said I could return it for a refund, or as I liked the jacket, they were willing to give me a bit of money back.

- Returned a Garmin Edge 800 that was playing up a few days ago; sent it Special Delivery as I wanted the replacement quick. They refunded me the £8.00 I spent which I wasn't even expecting and sent the replacement via courier.

- I've ordered a couple of items where they have then offered a discount or discount on that line a day or two later. By e-mailing them they've then provided me with the discount in reverse and given me the difference back.

- Last Xmas I had a Garmin Edge 705 ordered, they realized they wouldn't get anymore before Xmas and actually rang me to inform me. I can't imagine many of other companies would have bothered.

- Free Haribo!
  • antfly
    antfly Posts: 3,276
    I have to add that i've used Wiggle dozens of times and they haven't sent me the wrong thing yet [unlike some online bike shops} and the stuff is nearly always here within 3 days. Goods I have returned have always been refunded without quibble and quickly. I never order anything from anyone that isn't in stock, though.They did go a bit slow in the summer but they seem to be up to speed again now.
    My only complaint is the new website is painfully slow on internet explorer, it seems to happen every time they upgrade their site. Anyone else noticed that?
    Smarter than the average bear.
  • AndyOgy
    AndyOgy Posts: 579
    Talking of Wiggle. Does anybody know what became of Speed_King? He just kinda vanished. Do you think that Wiggle may have melted him down to make Haribos?

I'm genuinely worried about the guy.
  • Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    AndyOgy wrote:
    Talking of Wiggle. Does anybody know what became of Speed_King? He just kinda vanished. Do you think that Wiggle may have melted him down to make Haribos?

I'm genuinely worried about the guy.

I'm willing to bet he's still here but did the smart thing (for a change) and just created a new user name.
  • RHT
    RHT Posts: 34
    As always a balanced response from the good people on the Bike Radar forum, perhaps I was just unlucky, perhaps the snow, sales and festive staffing were contributing factors, to be fair I’ve not had problems before, which is why it came as a bit of a disappointment.

In the cold (very cold) light of day, life's too short! So Festive Greetings, and Safe Cycling in 2011 to everyone, (even the good people of WIGGLE).
  • danowat
    danowat Posts: 2,877
    Never had a problem with Wiggle, infact, they even honoured a discount voucher that I recieved after I made an order.
  • Where is Speedking???

I have had 2 problems wiht items bought via wiggle, not their fault, but with the items in question.

Both times I had quick replys and items were replaced, even though I just asked for a replacement mount for the computer, a who new computer was sent out too me within 48 hours...

I am a very loyal customer as a result, same applied to CRC, who have always been fantastic!
  • NWLondoner
    NWLondoner Posts: 2,047
    I have only had one issue with wiggle.

When i ordered my Garmin 605 and they sent me someone else's order. I did offer to deliver this order to the correct customer as they were London based and if wiggle could just send the correct item to me. They refused point blank and i had to send the wrong parcel back and once they got that back they sent to me the Garmin. This did annoy me a bit as it ruined my weekend plans.

However this is the only issue in over 3 years of custom so can't knock them.
  • Nuggs
    Nuggs Posts: 1,804
    Pokerface wrote:
    Everyone makes mistakes. No retailer is perfect. Wiggle is HUGE and sell a LOT of product. Stuff is bound to go wrong.

I doubt all the people who work there are all cyclists and know every single product.

I still rate them and will continue to buy from them.

And I turned 40 this week and didn't get a single present. So stop your whining. :P
    +1 (apart from the turning 40 bit; that's harsh :wink: )