Anyone got CRC delay with weekend orders?

blister pus
blister pus Posts: 5,780
edited December 2010 in MTB buying advice
?

Comments

• omegas
    omegas Posts: 970
    With the snow I would expect delays for the next week.

Some online shops are posting messages on the web site that they cannot guarantee next day delivery.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    The 10% discount may have something to do with any delays but the stuff I ordered at the weekend is 'on its way' as they say.

A parcel from CRC is always a very welcome sight when I get home :D
  • Neily03
    Neily03 Posts: 295
    Placed an other on Saturday, arrived this morning. :)
  • blister pus
    blister pus Posts: 5,780
    oh i figured out the possible reasons all right :lol: just wondered if anyone had experienced any delay as confirmation. I like snow riding and haven't been out yet and i've got a big hole where there should be a bottom bracket. y'all know what impatience is like. :lol:
  • Placed an order near the end of this weekend and its not yet dispatched, so yes bit of a delay so far.
  • Bill-87
    Bill-87 Posts: 155
    Placed order on Friday, dispatched Friday, arrived today.

Shame it's to go away for Christmas :(
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Delays are inevitable, seeing as the country is in the middle of another mass panic about the snow.
    Amazon seem to have stopped offering next day delivery for anything I want as well for now.
  • more often then not if i order from them at the weekend then it usually takes much longer than ordering midweek. must just be pot luck on volume of orders and in what order they get our invoice
  • CraigXXL
    CraigXXL Posts: 1,852
    I've received 2 (one of which was a backorder) out 3 orders placed Pretty impressive for what would have been a very busy weekend for them and if like the rest of the country on reduced staff levels due to the weather. Then you have a man in his van sliding all over the road so he can my shiney new parts to me. All in all a pretty impressive service from them and their couriers.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Got to expect some delays at this time of year, combination of busy shops, busy post and crap weather.
    As a rule CRC are excellent.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • piker
    piker Posts: 353
    Ordered Saturday 4pm arrived today.
  • sampras38
    sampras38 Posts: 1,917
    I usually find them very quick but still waiting over a week for a carbon spacer. I'm in no hurry and it may be due to the weather.
  • sampras38
    Mines still not arrived

Cancel your Cube order and get it from Prologue in Richmond.
  • sampras38
    Cube Not coming from CRC :)

Ahhh
  • d3matt
    d3matt Posts: 510
    Because CRC are in N.Ireland, their deliveries are effected by both the ferry crossings and any Royal Mail flights. I have customers in N.Ireland and I know that deliveries to them are being held up at the moment because of the snow and airport problems in this country.
    Most freight goes by ferry and of course this is regularly effected by bad weather.

Riding this Boardman Team FS 2010. Also trying my first blog.
  • ordered saturday, still not here, but do have a foots worth of snow
  • Mr Dog
    Mr Dog Posts: 643
    Given where they are, they rely heavily on the air network to ferry stuff around. With most airports suffering with the weather, then its just a case wating. Spare a thought for the poor postie. 8)
    Why tidy the house when you can clean your bike?
  • d3matt
    d3matt Posts: 510
    I think CRC use Royal Mail for smaller items. These will be getting through better than the courier's parcels, as Royal Mail have their own planes flying the post back and forth, but of course this depends on the airports being open. I guess even when airports are snowed, freight flights probably leave sooner than passenger flights.
    The courier's parcels will be by lorry over the Belfast-Stranraer ferry and therefore you have the sea winds which causes the ferrys to stop and then the snow on the roads.

I too am waiting for something from CRC. I forgot about the weather when I ordered :x

Riding this Boardman Team FS 2010. Also trying my first blog.
  • ordered on wednsday got it today :D nice one crc
    santacruz butcher
    Ragley mmmbop
  • CraigXXL
    Ordered yesterday arrived today.
  • cooldad
    Ordered pads from Superstar Tuesday, posted Wednesday, hasn't arrived yet, but can't blame anyone. Even our local post office didn't deliver post to the office for a few days, and they are a few minutes away.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools
  • sampras38
    Order a carbon spacer on the 30th and was supposed to have been shipped on the 2nd but not arrived yet. Probably arrive tomorrow.
  • CraigXXL
    Just had a delivery today, yes on a Sunday, of some tyres ordered from Merlin. Now that's a good service from the Royal Mail
  • apparently mine has been despatched, but on my account, it says the money hasn't gone out, but the available balance has gone out, but normally it goes out on both straight away :\ still haven't got them after a 9 days
  • sampras38
    sampras38 wrote:
    Order a carbon spacer on the 30th and was supposed to have been shipped on the 2nd but not arrived yet. Probably arrive tomorrow.

As I thought, spacers arrived safely yesterday.
  • .blitz
    .blitz Posts: 6,197
    Been waiting for more than a week now :(

CRC, Merlin, Wiggle - the post round our way is farked.
  • cooldad
    cooldad wrote:
    Ordered pads from Superstar Tuesday, posted Wednesday, hasn't arrived yet, but can't blame anyone. Even our local post office didn't deliver post to the office for a few days, and they are a few minutes away.

Arrived today - probably a good thing as bedding pads in in the snow would have been fun.
    I don't do smileys.

Parktools