Soon to get my new bike! Woohoo! And what else shall I get?

fenboy369
fenboy369 Posts: 425
edited November 2010 in Commuting chat
Well, it was almost a year ago that I got wiped out on a roundabout, and the nice peeps at RJ+W have just sent me a cheque from the drivers insurance company.

So what shall I buy?....

I've already ordered a Schwinn Corvette, she should be with me by the end of the week. I've always wanted a cruiser, and the lines on a Schwinn are divine! :D

But the big question is, what to get to replace the old bent bike? I am v.tempted by a Van Nicholas Mistral. Hmmmmm... titanium......

But theres always the dark side of me that has a taste for carbon... A Planet X Nano light thingy would also sit nicely on my wall...
'11 Cannondale Synapse 105CD - FCN 4
'11 Schwinn Corvette - FCN 15?
'09 Pitch Comp - FCN (why bother?) 11
'07 DewDeluxe (Bent up after being run over) - FCN 8

Comments

• I guess the answer you will probably hear most often is, try out as many bikes as you can and see what you like. It's probably worth asking yourself what you will realistically use your bike for in future too.

Hope you got what compensation you deserved mate. I also have a claim going through from being knocked off. Sadly my knees, four weeks on, still ache and I don't think I should get back on a bike again just yet. I suppose the upside is that it's not the best riding weather right now anyway. Silver linings and all that...
  • Mr Plum
    Mr Plum Posts: 1,097
    Whatever you get, you should definitely also get a squeezy dinosaur horn like this:

!B6WkkYwBGk~$(KGrHqUOKnIEy3HFROG1BM)GvC1z+Q~~_12.JPG
    FCN 2 to 8
  • plowmar
    plowmar Posts: 1,032
    Snow plough? :wink: