Campag Khamsin (or any similar) wheels

AndyF16
AndyF16 Posts: 506
edited November 2010 in Road beginners
At the risk of becoming BikeRadar's answer to Ronnie Corbett, I was a bit sceptical when someone said on the Crud RoadRacer 2 thread that riding through a farmyard caused problems, but today I rode through what seemed like a few small clumps of dryish mud

This pretty quickly compacted up under both guards virtually stopping me riding, so after 5 minutes with a twig off I rode a bit easier but looking for puddles to clear the remnants of mud - anyway, haha, I digress :wink:

I rode past a Polish Hand car wash about a mile further on, so rode in to get their puddles of soapy water to help me out when one of them asked what I wanted, and when I explained he helpfully grabbed the pressure washer - I explained to aim just at the tyres/guards and nowhere near the hubs or BB

After I rode away I noticed that some clear tape stuff had lifted from the wheels just under the braking surfaces, and I wondered (finally getting to the bloody point!) whether this is just application/carrier tape from when the graphics were applied, or some kind of protective stuff which might now cause me problems? Thanks for listening :roll:
2011 Bianchi D2 Cavaria in celeste (of course!)
2011 Enigma Echo 57cm in naked Ti
2009 Orange G2 19" in, erm orange