So, Planet-x have bought Titus...

Duffer
Duffer Posts: 379
edited November 2010 in MTB general
http://www.bikeradar.com/news/article/planet-x-buy-titus-at-auction-28518

So what's next, d'ya recon? It's a little early to start speculating, really. But i'll be keeping tabs on this one.

Re-branding, perhaps? Start retailing On-One branded sussers?

Comments

• weescott
    weescott Posts: 453
    I would guess they would keep the brand name. It makes sense to differentiate between quality and value brands. We could see some trickle down features for On-One though.
  • VWsurfbum
    VWsurfbum Posts: 7,881
    it would be nice to see a full susser 29er on-one thats not Titus money!
    Kazza the Tranny
    Now for sale Fatty
  • Its extremely unlikely we will be doing anything suspension wise at on-one, but on-one and titus seemed to sit very well togethor and the fit for us a company was very good and in fact too good to miss.

We have been waiting and waiting for an opportune time to launch on-one into the states , but in the last 18 months our uk sales have been growing very quickly and the idea was (up until a few weeks ago) that until our steep growth curve in uk / europe had levelled out we would keep the US on the backburner , as entering the US market is a notoriously difficult task .

So expect us to launch on-one alongside titus into the US market pretty soon , and of course we can probably offer a pretty good european solution for titus as it plugs into our current setup and knowledge of the markets this side of the atlantic.

Titus is a brand I have always admired from a distance , in my 20 plus years in the bicycle industry they have been around the same time , so Ive always spotted them in the corner of my eye at trade shows, events , and magazines over the years - so my history in the industry runs alongside that of titus and I am very respectful of the history of the titus brand.

We hope we can do a good job with titus and produce some quality bikes to keep true to their history - and that history includes quality US production so rest assured its definitely on the agenda as soon as the dust settles , at the moment theres plenty of things that need sorting particularly talking to previous and current suppliers about moving forward .
  • Its extremely unlikely we will be doing anything suspension wise at on-one, but on-one and titus seemed to sit very well togethor and the fit for us a company was very good and in fact too good to miss.

We have been waiting and waiting for an opportune time to launch on-one into the states , but in the last 18 months our uk sales have been growing very quickly and the idea was (up until a few weeks ago) that until our steep growth curve in uk / europe had levelled out we would keep the US on the backburner , as entering the US market is a notoriously difficult task .

So expect us to launch on-one alongside titus into the US market pretty soon , and of course we can probably offer a pretty good european solution for titus as it plugs into our current setup and knowledge of the markets this side of the atlantic.

Titus is a brand I have always admired from a distance , in my 20 plus years in the bicycle industry they have been around the same time , so Ive always spotted them in the corner of my eye at trade shows, events , and magazines over the years - so my history in the industry runs alongside that of titus and I am very respectful of the history of the titus brand.

We hope we can do a good job with titus and produce some quality bikes to keep true to their history - and that history includes quality US production so rest assured its definitely on the agenda as soon as the dust settles , at the moment theres plenty of things that need sorting particularly talking to previous and current suppliers about moving forward .

WooHoo!
    I am excited by it all. Going to be fun to see how we can spread the word about On-One /Titus Stateside.
    Voice in America for On-One and Titus
    mtbtires.com - tire info site
  • I think this is going to be great, just as long as Dave and his colleagues do as they say and respect the heritage and quality that Titus represents. I have ridden Titus bikes for a number of years and love the way they ride, but also the way they are made and the quality and workmanship of the frames. Imay be somewhat bias but I also think that Planet X will bring a really exciting aspect to the brand that can only be a good thing for the future

If Planet X are looking at new ideas - a Ti Fireline that can take a bigger fork (i.e 120mm plus) would be great please !! 8)

Cheers