Which Garmin 800 Package to go for?

Uncle B
Uncle B Posts: 25
edited November 2010 in Road buying advice
Hi All,

Well SWMBO and I've been putting off buying a Garmin Edge until the new 800 came out, however we aren't certain which "package" to go for!

We ride sportives and tour, so the road performance package would seem sensible, with the euro road maps, but... I also ride MTB with our Son, so the endurance package with the OS mapping would also seem sensible!

So which should we go for? Would the Endrurance package work well for both & give turn by turn navigation, or do we have to go for the Road Performace package and buy the extra maps???

Comments

• Omar Little
    Omar Little Posts: 2,010
    i maybe wrong but i think it is cheaper getting the package with the OS maps and then buying the extra road maps rather than the other way about.
  • tofu21
    tofu21 Posts: 359
    i maybe wrong but i think it is cheaper getting the package with the OS maps and then buying the extra road maps rather than the other way about.

Yep, it saves £150 or there abouts.

There are also free versions out there but I've not used them so can't comment on how good they are.
  • Cheers all, that's really helpful. I also saw that Evans have responded to a Q&A that someone posted confirming that you get full turn by turn navigation with the OS maps. They have also confirmed that it is fully compatible with Macs too :) So it seems that if you want to cover all the bases in the UK, the Enduro package is the one to go for.

Now to look for a good price!