Garmin 500

AndyD2574
AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
edited November 2010 in Workshop
Its stopped working???

Been fine until sunday when I was out and it was cold and wet............its a new sensor so teh battery should be fine and its worked fine on the 6 rides on teh winter bike I have been on?

Any ideas what it could be..................knackered / faulty sensor......battery???????

ta
Specialized S Works Venge
Argon18 E114
Specialized Langster Single Speed
Scott Spark Expert 29'er
GT Avalanche
http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk

Comments

• Pokerface
    Pokerface Posts: 7,960
    Is the battery charged? Or does it just not turn on at all even after charging it?
  • amaferanga
    amaferanga Posts: 6,789
    Is it the Edge 500 that's stopped working or is it a speed/cadence sensor? Its not really clear from your post.
    More problems but still living....
  • Garz
    Garz Posts: 1,155
    True, lots of question marks but not a lot of clarity going on there!
  • Mine does the same every now and again. Try pressing all 4 buttons at the same time, it should reset it
  • Pokerface
    Gotta love it when someone posts a question and doesn't come back for the answer! :lol:
  • AndyD2574
    AndyD2574 Posts: 1,034
    Pokerface wrote:
    Gotta love it when someone posts a question and doesn't come back for the answer! :lol:

Sorry lads............been away for couple of days........just read my initial post and very unclear!! :?

Its the speed and cadence sensor thats stopped working. My edge 500 works on my cervelo but when I swap profiles then its just not picking up the sensor on my Kinesis and it was last ride out.........could the brutal bad weather have discharged my battery or could it be water in the sensor?????

I will get a new battery just in case but what else should I consider.

Cheers
    Specialized S Works Venge
    Argon18 E114
    Specialized Langster Single Speed
    Scott Spark Expert 29'er
    GT Avalanche
    http://www.glasgowgreencycleclub.co.uk
  • Pokerface
    If I'm not mistaken, wet sensors can continue to run down the battery so a new battery would be the first thing to look at. If that doesn't work, re-post.
  • lef
    lef Posts: 728
    try setting up a new profile for the bike you're having problems with. I had to do this as it stopped recognising the sensor on only one bike.
  • spasypaddy
    spasypaddy Posts: 5,180
    just take the battery out of the sensor over night, it should reboot it.
  • GavH
    GavH Posts: 933
    Have you tried 'Searching' for the sensor again?