Should I do a cyclocross race tomorrow?

ddraver
ddraver Posts: 26,662
edited November 2010 in MTB general
My housemate is doing a cyclocross race tomorrow (ironically enough for this forum, in Rhyl) and has invited me along. I can rock up with my MTB and just race...

Should I?
We're in danger of confusing passion with incompetence
- @ddraver

Comments

• turnerjohn
    turnerjohn Posts: 1,069
    yes go for it !
    Mate raced most of a season on an MTB....do it for the fun factor rather then winning :-)
  • ddraver wrote:
    My housemate is doing a cyclocross race tomorrow (ironically enough for this forum, in Rhyl) and has invited me along. I can rock up with my MTB and just race...

Should I?

That's awesome. You should stop in and say hello to a certain ex-forumites mum :lol:

Yes, go for it, it's fun to try new stuff. I'm doing my first ever XC race tomorrow, really looking forward to it.
  • ddraver
    Is it bad form to put the Mud tyres on?!
    - @ddraver
  • Probably best on a race type XC tyre eg. Rocket Ron etc. But doesn't matter as you ain't going to win, just go for the craic and the sweatin!
  • How did it go.?

I did some events last year.
    They are good fun.

Hardest bit is getting on and off quickly for the bits you have to run.

All abilities do it, just need to respect the faster riders when they lap you and not get in their way.
  • ddraver
    http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtop ... t=12742845 (yes I did double post)

Having said all that after the race, i'm doing another one this weekend so I obviously did enjoy it!
    - @ddraver