saracen ikon bits

danobi2085
danobi2085 Posts: 3
edited November 2010 in The workshop
hi i currently have a saracen ikon full suspension bike and have had it for a while know but have recently came across a saracen mantra 2 frame and was wondering weather or not the bits/ wheels, crank, forkes ect off the ikon would fit the mantra frame although the ikon is a great bike i find it very uncomfortable after a while and heavy and the mantra alot lighter, can anyone shed any light on this.

Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Its probably fair to say most stuff will carry over, trouble is no upto date specs are available, as a guide I just reframed a GT Chucker into a ladies frame for the wife and the only thing I had to buy extra was a seatpost/clamp/front mech (steel to alloy frame so different tube diameters) and a rear brake cable, everything else would have carried stratight over although I opted for new forks and saddle. Those were very different bikes from different makers!

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • thanks for the responce so i suppose what your saying is just give it a trial and error run, i suppose theres no problem in trying.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    It is pretty much a case of suck it and see, you can measure the seatpost tube diameter, most alloy frames are 31.8mm, a few 34.9mm, while wall thickness can vary, most 31.8mm OD are 27.2mm seatpost/ID.

Measure the headtube length to see if the forks steerer is long enough.

Simon
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.