Brake calliper clearance issues - crud related

riggsy81
riggsy81 Posts: 281
edited November 2010 in Workshop
Had a go (3 hours to be exact) :cry: trying to fit a set of Crud Road Racer Mk2s to a Decathlon Sport 1 running Bontrager All Weather 25c tyres which rub rub rub....

my idea was that there seems to be very little clearance betweeen brake calliper and tyre so I wondered if some brakes offer more clearance that the unbranded brakes currently on it..

anyone know if what Im thinking makes any sense what so ever LOL

thanks in advance

Ben :D
I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
NO EXCUSES
JUST RIDE!!!

Comments

• Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Some bikes offer more clearance between tyre and brake bridge, rather than brakes offering more.

23 Tyres should be ok though...

Crud say you need 5mm between brake bridge and tyre (measure with a 5mm allen key...)
  • riggsy81
    riggsy81 Posts: 281
    cheers NapD

Gonna leave it til the weekend and start again on the weekend Im sure the kids will lend a hand LOL

Ive got some 23s but just what came on the bike so I think I may treat myself to some nice grippy 23s - when I decide whats best hahaha

:D
    I̶m̶ ̶t̶i̶r̶e̶d̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶r̶a̶i̶n̶i̶n̶g̶
    I̶t̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶o̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶
    NO EXCUSES
    JUST RIDE!!!
  • I've got a Cannondale 2006 CAAD 8 frame which is ok with Crud Roadracer's and 700 x 23 tyres but too tight for 700 x 25 tyres.

Would be nice to run 700 x 25 tyres in the winter from a comfort point of view, but the advatages of the Crud Roadracer's over the alternatives (SkS Raceblades etc) are good enough to make do with 700 x 23 tyres through the winter.

Three Cheers for Mr Crud

:lol::lol::lol: