Halfords Shock Pump

jedi_master
jedi_master Posts: 888
edited October 2010 in MTB buying advice
After a new shock pump as the one I have air is leaking from the top of it. Is this Halfords shock pump any good? http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stor ... yId_242558
Looks the same as the Rock Shox one merlin sells and Manitou and Marzocchi ones CRC sell..

Comments

• Salsa
    Salsa Posts: 753
    Yeah it works just as well as any other shock pump.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    There's cheaper and better ones on Ebay. I got a Raleigh one for £14 and it's got a screw on the valve to stop air escaping when you remove it.
  • underdog
    underdog Posts: 292
    I have the halfords one, works fine, note about air escaping when you remove it if you have put it on correct then it should be air escaping for less than half a second and make no difference at all. Problem with air escaping from shock pumps is people putting them on too tight in the first place.
  • chedabob wrote:
    There's cheaper and better ones on Ebay. I got a Raleigh one for £14 and it's got a screw on the valve to stop air escaping when you remove it.

Has a pink screw valve? if so that's the one I have now which isn't working properly.
  • underdog
    underdog Posts: 292
    chedabob wrote:

Has a pink screw valve? if so that's the one I have now which isn't working properly.

The halfords one is spot on for me, always in the backpack for on trail adjustments, so has been battered and still works without fail.
  • Cheers.

Got the old one to work by rapping a little piece of ptf tape around the threads of the pink bit that screws in.
  • chedabob
    chedabob Posts: 1,133
    chedabob wrote:

Think so. Sounds like you just need a new O-ring on the bottom of the valve.
  • That's what I'm going to try next, save buying a new pump. Don't need a new one that argent now.